Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Choosing to Be Fathful

O. T. #1356  "Choosing to Be Faithful "
Jan. 1, 2019
Psalm 119-Part 5
I have chosen to be faithful; I have determined to live by your regulations.  Psalm 119:30 NIV

LET IT GLOW

Happy New Year Everyone!

Friend, what has God been challenging you do or be as we face a new year ahead? Is there a particular word that keeps standing out in Scriptures, popping up here and there? I think mine is "trust." I am to trust God more with everything. Trust Him to provide whatever I need, trust Him to hear and answer my prayers, to work in the lives of my loved ones. Will you take a moment to share with us your word?

Getting to the fourth stanza of this extremely long psalm, it seems that David or another author, is in a state of depression. We see it in verse 25, where he writes that his soul is cleaving to the dust, as though he were already dead and buried. Sometimes we feel that low. Circumstances, poor health, or people can bring us down, pulling the rug out from under us. In verse 28. the psalmist's soul melts due to heaviness. What does he need?

David is asking God to quicken Thou me according to Thy Word.
The word quicken, which is used 4 times is this psalm, means revive, save.

Missionary Amy Carmichael wrote, "Have you noticed this? Whatever need or trouble you are in, there is always something to help you in your Bible, if only you go on reading 'til you come to the word God specially has for you."

I don't know about you, dear one, but I need revival daily. My mind becomes so weighed down with the things and concerns of this world, that I need refocused upon Jesus. Nothing should take His place in my thoughts and heart. He love and waits to set us free from it all. He is our hope today.

Let us remember what Falwell teaches us-that reading, meditating, and obeying God's Word will raise us up to life and health again.

Thank you faithful friend for coming along with me as I take a deeper look into God's Word. May He bless you with a wonderful new year ahead.
Let us cast our cares upon Jesus, for He cares for us.   


LET IT GROW


What is David asking God to give him?
  • a revived heart by His Word,
  • teaching of His statues,
  • understanding of His commandments,
  • encouragement,
  • keep him from lying,
  • the privilege of knowing God's instructions,
David chose to be faithful to God. He was determined, clinging to the laws of God.

LET IT GO


Help me choose to be faithful to You.
I want to be determined to obey.
Use me again to share Your love and salvation, Jesus.

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Linda!

    I love how God allows us to choose; He does not force us. The comment next to this verse that I wrote in my bible is "what am I choosing today?".

    I am choosing to lean, to trust. My word that seems to be at the forefront is lean. My independent nature tends to make leaning on others, even leaning on God challenging, but lean I must.

    Praying you have a wonderful year trusting God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always enjoy your comments, Gaylene. I am with you girl, in that I need to lean more on God and others. So far it has been a challenging year and today is just the third day. Well God is with us. We can trust Him with everything.
    May God richly bless you!

    ReplyDelete