Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Delights Found in Little Things

O. T. #1371 "Delights Found in Little Things"
Jan. 22, 2019
Psalm 119-Part 20
Thy testimonies that Thou hast commanded are righteous and very faithful. Psalm 119:138

LET IT GLOW

Stanza 18, verses 137-144

This morning, I looked our my door and watched two fluffy, long haired little kittens playing. Snow and ice were still on the porch where they were. No big deal to them. Their only cares are getting food, water, and warmth. Their tummies were full. I smile. They are so cute. Orange and white mixed to make their pastel colored fur. Fluffy, the name of one, looked up at me with those sweet green eyes. God gives us delightful things if we only look for them. Awe, delight is found in little things. Come on with me friend, grab a cup of hot tea or coffee, and join me as we receive some delights today. They come in various shapes and forms, you know.

God's nature never changes, even with time it never alters. What does David say about His Word?
It is:
  • righteous, which means the right; just;  
  • faithful, referring to firmness; security; stability;
  • pure, means refine; purge away;
  • truth, that is, stability; trustworthy; sure; certainty.
Which are you in need of today, friend?

Look at this: In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. (John 1:1)
And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us... (John 1:14)

Who is The Word? It is Jesus Christ. When we listen to His Word, Scripture, His Spirit will speak to our needs.

 Are you in need of God's Word today? Let it bring encouragement and comfort, for Jesus does what is right for our circumstance; He is faithful, our stability, and security whenever we need it; Jesus can purge away our sins because He is pure; His Word is Truth, for He is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. (John 14:6)

If ever people are in of stability and something sure in this world, it is today. Let us come to His Word with open hearts, to the altar with humility, and find forgiveness and love.

LET IT GROW


Verse 143 says, Trouble and anguish are taken hold on me: yet Thy commandments are my delights. 

What is David taking delight in, while trouble and anguish have a hold of him? (God's commandments)

Delights, in Hebrew, means enjoyment and pleasure.

Psalm 37:4 tells us, Delight thyself also in the LORD; and He shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

This isn't complicated, but very simple, Linda. Let your enjoyment and pleasure come from the Words of Jesus. Make Him your joy in life. The rest will fall into place. Trust Him. Jesus' Word is certain. Nobody loves me like Jesus.

LET IT GO


Jesus, You are my delight, my joy, and pleasure.
Amidst the troubles that surround me and the anguish within my heart, You have given me delights.
Open my eyes to see You in the little things today.
I choose to listen, look, and obey Your Word.
Praise Jesus!

1 comment: