May 31, 2019
LET IT GLOW
Solomon is contrasting the ways of the wise and foolish in this chapter. Each verse has a message of its own. You will be relieved to know that I am not going to focus on every one.
When we are a wise person, we are living by the principles of God there are many benefits and results:
- A father is made glad whenever his son is wise (verse 1)
- Right living can save your life. v.2
- The godly will not go hungry. v.3
- Hard workers get rich. v.4
- He gathers in the summer. v.5
- The godly are showered with blessings. v.6
- Memories of the just are happy. v.7
- The wise are glad to be instructed. v.8
- People with integrity walk safely. v.9
- The mouth of a righteous man is a well of life, a life-giving fountain. v. 11
Jesus is a well of living water that never runs dry. When our soul is thirsty, we can be filled when we come to Him.
LET IT GROW
Verse 12 says, Hatred stirreth up strifes: but love covereth all sins. (KJV)
NLT says it this way, Hatred stirs up quarrels, but love makes up for all offenses.
I have heard it that love covers a multitude of sins. At any rate, all is more than multitude.
Does that come under the category of loving your neighbor as yourself? So when there is an ill-intended action or hatred shown to us, we are to turn the cheek, forgive, and love them in spite of their ways.
I like how Matthew Henry put it: blowing up the sparks of contention; be a peacemaker.
Well, there is my challenge for the weekend-let love cover all sins.
LET IT GO
Live right. Walk with integrity. Watch my mouth. Let love cover all sins.