Tuesday, May 7, 2019

How Do We Get Wisdom?

O. T. #1439  "How Do We Get Wisdom?"
May 7, 2019
Proverbs 2

LET IT GLOW

The young man who cries out for understanding will find the knowledge of God. It is the highest of all gifts to know God who is the giver of all things that are good. The knowledge of God will include the fear of the Lord, which is clearly represented in Scripture as the most valuable possession of man.
(Liberty Bible Commentary)

In John 17:3, Jesus prays, This is eternal life: that they may know You, the only true God, and the One You have sent-Jesus Christ.

The pathway to wisdom is not easy. It is strenuous, as we seek it like hidden treasure. God will reward our sincere and persistent search. It's source is the Word of God and the Holy Spirit. People may have insight, discretion, knowledge, or common sense, but that is not the same as wisdom.
God gives true wisdom. (verse 6)

Do we want wisdom? I know that I lack wisdom. There is especially a couple of situations that I need the wisdom of God concerning them.

James 1:5 tells us, If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.



LET IT GROW

Take a look at the first 4 verses in this chapter. Here we find several verbs concerning with how we obtain wisdom:
  • receive (verse 1)
  • hide His commandments in me
  • incline thine ear (verse 2)
  • apply thine hear
  • cry after (verse 3)
  • lift up thy voice
  • seek (verse 4)
  • search for it.
When we do those things, then you will understand what it means to fear the LORD, and you will gain knowledge of God.  (verse 5)

You know that God is all-knowing don't you? He made everything and He certainly knows how it works. He knows the future and certainly knows what is best for us. With that said, why do we not seek the wisdom of God in our life?

LET IT GO

I seek Your wisdom for the right direction dealing with this thing on my heart, Lord Jesus.
Show me in Your Word which way to go.
Your Word tells me to ask and I will receive.
By faith I believe You have the right way for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment