Oct. 31, 2018
I will behave myself in a perfect way... Psalm 101:2
LET IT GLOW
This psalm may have been written by King David at his coronation as king of Israel. David lays out the ways that he wants to walk with God and live his life to please God.
F.B. Myer gives three ways that David made up his mind in choosing:
- to live the perfect way with integrity;
- his friends;
- his public rule.
- In his home, David will live with integrity, the perfect (truth, without blemish) way. (verse 2)
- He refused to look at anything vile and vulgar. (verse 3)
- faithful people as his companions (verse 6)
- only those above reproach would be his servants (verse 6)
- no deceivers would be his servants and liars would not stay in his presence (verse 7)
Will we strive to be like David? Does our home life match our public life? Do we watch what we watch? Television seems to have little discretions in the sitcoms and movies they provide. anything is available on the internet. Spam content can be vulgar. Daily we must remain dedicated to a life of integrity. Also, we must hold others accountable. The world of evil and sin wants to creep in and overtake our Christian home and way of life, leading us down a road that is not the perfect way.
LET IT GROW
So how can we lead blameless lives? Life Application Study Bible tells us to avoid:
- looking at wickedness-anything vile or vulgar (verse 3)
- evil thoughts or associates (verse 4)
- slander (verse 5)
- pride (verse 5)
Shall we look around and see if we need to make some adjustments in these areas?
How are we walking with God and others?
LET IT GO
Watch my thoughts, words, actions so they reveal integrity in my heart.
Pick my friends that are godly people.