March 23, 2018
I will praise thee, O LORD, with my whole heart: I will show forth all Thy marvelous works.
I will be glad and rejoice in Thee: I will sing praise to Thy name, O Thou Most High.
LET IT GLOW
Anyone in need of a refuge in time of trouble today? David found his refuge. Where was it?
Some say that Psalm 9 and 10 go together. In this one, David has written an individual hymn. It is divided into two parts where the first has praise prominent and the second has prayer prominent.
Praise expresses appreciation to God and understanding of His worth. We recognize the attributes of His divine nature. We thank God for all things He does and honor Him for who He is.
In the first two verses, David speaks of his dedication of worship of the LORD.
- praise You, LORD, with all my heart, whole heart;
- tell of the marvelous things You have done;
- be filled with joy because of You;
- sing praises to God, O Most High.
LET IT GROW
What do we read in verses 7-12? Judgment comes from the righteous God.
- The Lord reigns forever. (verse 7)
- He executes judgment upon His throne.
- God will judge the world with justice. (verse 8)
- He will rule the nations with fairness.
- The LORD is a shelter for the oppressed.
- He is a refuge in times of trouble. (verse 9)
- He knows our name that trust in Him. (verse 10)
- He does not forsake those who seek Him.
- God cares for the helpless. (verse 12)
- He hears the cries of those who suffer.
David used the term refuge many times in the Psalms-14:6; 46:1; 62:7,8; 71:7; 91:2,9; 104:18; 142:5. Obviously, David depended upon his God, who was faithful and did rescue him for all his enemies.
Jesus will not leave us nor forsake me. (Deut. 31:6)
Since Jesus has us up high, then we can live above our circumstance, our problems, our trials and tests. Today, let us soar high like an eagle above the ground, floating in the wind.
What doesn't break us, makes us stronger. Hold on, when the waves are taking you under, hold on just a little bit longer. This will not last forever. He can help us get through this. Believe it?
LET IT GO
Praise You Jesus!
How marvelous are Thy works.
I will sing Your praises.
I have joy from You.
Be my refuge today.
I trust in You.