Nov. 29, 2018
The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool. Psalm 110:1
LET IT GLOW
This is one of the most quoted psalms in the New Testament because it refers to Jesus Christ as the Messiah. God Jehovah speaks to God the Son, Adonai, David's Lord, Master. As we already know, God had an amazing plan:
- Christ, the Messiah, was a descendant of King David, humanly speaking.
- He is presented as both a holy King (verses 1-3)
- and a royal priest, High Priest (verses 4-7), which no other human monarch ever was in Israel.
- After Jesus died upon the cross for our sins, His resurrection and ascension into heaven, He took up residence at the right hand of royal power, the place of permanent honor. (verse 1a)
- God will make Jesus' enemies under His feet. Everything will be subject to Christ, who will be subject to God the Father. (1 Cor. 15)
- In Jerusalem, Zion, the Messiah will reign and rule with love and grace, since the rod of power and bloodshed will be sent out. (Rev. 19:15)
Are we sharing the true Christmas story, the birth of the Savior, our Savior?
come to think of it, this could have been a different plan in which we have to pay for our sins.
Thank You Jesus!
LET IT GROW
Jesus is currently sitting at the right hand of Father God on the throne and making intercession for us.
He is speaking about our prayers, forgiving our sins.
Christians will be one of the people in verse 3 that will be willingly ruled by the Messiah because of the gospel and the mighty hand of the Lord God.
Our garments will be holy and our strength will be renewed like the morning dew. Woohoo!
[Reference: Liberty Bible Commentary]
LET IT GO
Thank You Father for such an amazing plan of salvation and You included me in it.
Savior, You are so loving, forgiving, and gracious.
Help me share it with others.