Jude 20-21 Part 13
But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost, Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life. KJV
LET IT GLOW
My church is currently in the process of building a new sanctuary. The first thing done was the leveling the ground, then a cement foundation was poured. Next, the support beams were erected, walls and roof, doors and windows. We are blessed with a construction man in our church that is doing most of the work. He knows what he is doing. He knows the correct steps to take. I have seen the evidence in another church which he worked on and it is very good.
So it is with the Christian life-we need to build up ourselves on our most holy faith, as the key verse says.
Here are some comparisons of building our Christian character and building a physical building:
- A good foundation and cornerstone are essential for both. (Jesus is not only our foundation, as in 1 Corinthians 3:11, but also our cornerstone, as in Ephesians 2:20.)
- Positioning the structure is important to both. The center of gravity must fall within the base.(God's Word is what we build into our lives.)
- It is a progressive work-beams, stones, bricks. (Gold, silver, precious stones are going to build our home in heaven. Their materials are made of love, faith, hope, self-denial, patience)
- We must build for eternity and inspection in mind. Just as the physical building has to pass inspections and codes, judged by those trained in that area, so the Lord Jesus will judge our works done here.
Am I building up my faith or tearing it down? Am I building up the faith of others, or am I tearing it down? Things to ponder.
LET IT GROW
These two key verses give us some ways to grow:
- build up
- pray up
- keep up
- look up
Jude tells us to:
- build up our faith,
- pray up in the Holy Ghost,
- keep in love with God,
- look up for mercy and eternal life in Jesus.
As I have lived these last two weeks visiting two hospitals of family members, it was a trying time that built my faith, challenged me to pray without ceasing under the Holy Spirit's direction, kept me going in God's love, secured me with His mercy, and focused my thoughts on eternity's being only a breath away.
Here we are at the end of another year, 2012. As I look back over the year, I ask myself:
Did I complete God's assignments for me?
Did I serve and honor Him with all my heart?
Did I allow Him to work in me, through me, and around me?
What have I learned in my walk with Jesus this year?
Have I given Him everything?
Does Jesus know that He is my everything?
Things to ponder.
LET IT GO
Keep my faith in Jesus growing. Grow in His grace and knowledge of Him.
Let go of any doubts of His power and abilities.
Stay prayed up.
Remain in God's love.
Look up to heaven, my eternal home.
*Updates: My husband is getting back to normal; sil is eating Jello and talking.
We appreciate everyones' prayers during their stay in the hospital. I hope to visit with Wanda soon.