Tuesday, December 25, 2012

December 25, 2012

Christmas Day

It's the day we have set aside, the world, to celebrate the birth of our Savior and Messiah. Jesus came into the world like one of us, yet not like us. He remained God, as He took on flesh like us. He chose to come in a normal way, not as a king born in a palace, but to be King in our hearts.

The babe lay in a cattle trough made of wood, then later was nailed to wood as a sacrifice for us sinners, wearing a crown of thorns from wood.

Jesus is the Lamb of God that takes away the sins of the world, as John proclaimed. A LAMB, meek and mild, yet strong enough to resist temptations and overcome the devil, strong enough to endure beatings, strong enough to stay on that tree-cross and endure to the end.

And here I am, on this silent night (Christmas Eve). I go outside and see a pale moon and Jupiter shining through the clouds. No other stars shine here. Last week I saw the fork, dippers, a brightly lit sky when I came home alone from the hospital. Jesus is my BRIGHT MORNING STAR. He is the LIGHT of the world.

It's a silent night without trucks on the highway and cars on my dirt road. Folks are home with family. All is quiet when I step outside. Was it quiet when Jesus was born? I think not-angels sang the proclamation to shepherds-Glory to God in the Highest.

Today, I saw two eagles sitting in bare trees in front of my house. My brother told me he saw 20-30 eagles earlier this morning. How beautiful they are, white heads and tail. My favorite verse is Isaiah 40:31:
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

My faith wasn't running nor walking this week. It was a string connected to the heart of God. I was hanging by a thread while my loved ones lives hung in the valance. I prayed and prayed throughout the days and nights for my husband and sister in law. I waited upon the Lord and He renewed my strength. Now I am soaring with a joyful heart and tears. My husband came home Friday. My sister in law has her eyes open tracking others and can squeeze a hand in response. I will soon be visiting and talking to her,sharing all that God has done for her and her family while she slept.

This is one Christmas I shall never forget. So much to be thankful for this year-JESUS.

If you don't know Him as SAVIOR. Will you talk to Him today? Will you give your heart to Him?  He gave His life for you. Oh, how He loves you and me!

Have a wonderful day, friends and brothers and sisters in Christ. I already have.

Here is a great video, which I don't know how to put on my blog, so you can see it a YouTube-by Jay Young, singing The Way He Came. It is a blessing to see.

Linda, from my country road faith








No comments:

Post a Comment