Wednesday, December 5, 2012

A Modern Miracle

654.  "A Modern Miracle"    December 5, 2012
Jude 5-Part 4
I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not. KJV

LET IT GLOW

Are there any miracles that God has done in your life? There is one in particular for me. On December 21, 2001, after surgery, I stopped breathing, turning blue. My husband saw this and called for help. My doctors happened to still be close and gave me the right medicine to override the morphene. I say that I am living my extended life that God has given me. So I will celebrate 11 years of life soon. How grateful I am for a second chance to serve Him!
Jude wants his readers to remember an occurance back in Old Testament times. What was it?

God delivered His people the Israelites out of 400 years of slavery in Egypt. Through His servant Moses, God showed miraculous signs as He brought on the ten plagues upon Egypt. I think the day they walked toward the wilderness was a day of singing praises to God. Such joyful hearts! No more being a slave to the Egyptians. No more hard work. Freedom. The Red Sea crossing was an experience they never stopped talking about. Or did they?

Do I remember the miracles God has done in my life?
  • He created me. (My brother is 7 years older than I, so I was unexpected.)
  • He saved me.
  • He delivered me out of my bondage to sin.
  • He gave me breath again and extended my life.
  • He provides all I need.
It is always good to remember. How about you? Any miracles in your life?

LET IT GROW

They Hebrews traveled across the desert. When they came to the borders of the Promised Land.
Then 12 men were sent to spy it out. Only two (Caleb and Joshua) had faith that they could conquer it, bringing back a good report. After seeing all the lucious fruit, and experiencing miracles, the ten men focused on the giants instead of how powerful  God is and what He could do. They did not look with excitement to see Him take the land for them. What happened? The people sided with the ten instead of the two. As a result, those 20 years and older all died in the the wilderness, except those two.
The wilderness was a graveyard that Paul (1 Cor. 10:5-11) and the writer of Hebrews (3:18-4:2) and Jude (verse 5) wrote about. It was the unbelief that displeased God (Heb. 3:19).

Luke 1:37 says, For with God nothing shall be impossible.

It was impossible for man, but not impossible for God-immpregnate a virgin by the Holy Spirit (Mary) and an old woman (Elisabeth) beyond childbearing years. By faith I believe this happened and history records John the Baptist and Jesus were real human beings.

How strong is my faith? When I face giants, do I believe and trust God to eliminate them? Do they keep me from experiencing the Promised Land that God wants me to live in now? Will I let Jesus conquer my fears and doubts? How about you?

LET IT GO

Remember all that God has done for me.

Thank Him daily for creating me, saving me, and extending my life.

Trust God for more miracles.

No comments:

Post a Comment