Sunday, December 23, 2012

Update on Sunday:
My husband and I went to worship service this morning, and we did just that. Let me tell you, I admit that I was very concerned about the outcome of his surgery Monday. All went well, though. He came home Friday. Now to keep him resting, eating, walking with care. He had to stay an extra day in the hospital because his liver was working too well. They pumped double bags of blood thinner and a tablet to prevent any blood clots, which can lead to a stroke. The reality of it all became real.

I found his last message: The Gift of all Gifts.
Jesus was a promised gift, an unspeakable gift, an unchanging gift, an undeserved gift, and an unclaimed gift.

Jesus is the gift.
Jesus is the gift.
Jesus is the gift.
Jesus is the gift.

However you read it, it is truth.

He gives us the gift of faith, to believe that Jesus is the Messiah.
He gives us the gift of righteousness, by His blood shed for us.
He gives us the gift of eternal life, which is waiting for us.

I cherish those gifts! Thank You Jesus for giving me the gift of salvation!

May I add, that my husband and I will be celebrating this Christmas because we received the gift of life-his on Dec. 17, mine on Dec. 21.
Also, my sister in law, Wanda, is still recovering from surgery, but is with us. She is not sedated and opens her eyes some. I am believing and asking God for a Wanda Miracle this Christmas.

Yes, we are blessed beyond measure!
Our two children were right beside me the whole time their father was being operated on. That love cannot be measured!

I pray the Lord will give you whatever gift you need/want: hope, love, peace, grace, mercy, joy, patience, gentleness, kindness.

Gotta go fix him supper. Will it be oatmeal, boiled eggs, or noodles? I doubt it will be Jello.

For a blessing, check out Ann Voskamp's website: a holy experience.com
Dec. 21 post was great.

I love you friends, and Jesus loves you!
Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment