Monday, December 10, 2012

Day Dreaming

657.  "Day Dreaming     December 10, 2012
Jude 8-Part 7
Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities. KJV

LET IT GLOW

Day dreaming. When bored with lecturing teachers, I would let my mind wonder somewhere else. We must be careful about what our mind dwells on, what thoughts we let wonder in. Before we know it, we can be in La-la land entertaining impure thoughts-places we would never go in the physical realm.

Jude is warning about dreamers, these apostates, false teachers, false prophets.
The Thayer's Lexicon defines dreamers as to be beguiled with sensual images and carried away to an impious course of conduct. Webster's Dictionary defines impious as lacking reverence for God; profane.

So these kind of dreamers were those which Jude compared to in previous verses, with the unbelieving Israelites, fallen angels, and homosexuals of Sodom.

These dreamers:
  • defiled the flesh-polluted their own bodies;
  • despised dominion-rejected authority
  • spoke evil of dignities-slandered celestial beings.
(phrases were from the New International Version of the Bible)

Clarke's Commentary on the Bible says:
He (Jude) means to say that these false teachers and their followers were as unbelieving and disobedient as the Israelites in the wilderness, as rebellious against the authority of God as the fallen angels, and as impure and unholy as the Sodomites; and that consequently they must expect similar punishment.
 
I need to guard my thoughts and not daydream. The devil can throw me some curve balls and tempt me to strike when I normally would not do so.

LET IT GROW

Luke 6:45 says, The good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth what is good; and the evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth what is evil; for his mouth speaks from that which fills his heart.

Philippians 4:8 tells us to think on the things that are true, honest, just, pure, lovely, of good report, excellent, and praiseworthy.

Proverbs 23:7 says, For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he.

Am I protecting my heart? Is it washed with the Blood of the Lamb?
I want to be a good person who brings good things out of the good stored up in my heart. Also, my mouth speaks from the overflow of my heart. Therefore, if my heart is filled with the love of Jesus, then it will be shown in my actions and my words.

LET IT GO

Turn away impure thoughts.

Rebuke the devil.

Think on pure thoughts, on things above, not on the earth.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment