Tuesday, May 28, 2019

The Willing Center

O. T. #1452  "The Willing Center"
May 28, 2019
Proverbs 7-Part 2
Don't let your hearts stray away toward her. Don't wander down her wayward path.  Proverbs 7:25 NLT

LET IT GLOW

I came across this question in my readings-What are you relying on? I ask myself if I am relying on my loving God or myself. Especially when problems are not being solved, nor answers coming. Only "wait" and "trust Me" seems to be it. My impatience is so strong. My will is trying to take over as I surrender to God's will and timing. My heart wants to jump in and fix this, and right now. Ok, I know that is wrong. It is hard. My heart tells me God has this, but there are days that my mind just can't wrap itself around this. Anyone with me?

In the last part of this chapter, Solomon is again warning us to not stray away from Jesus, who is portrayed as wisdom. Straying away is a heart matter. It maybe a gradual thing or a decision. Spiritual adultery is committed against the One True Living God when we turn away from Him to idols. Oh, we may not be bowing down to a statue, but flattering cults and the false religions (isms), along with materialism, can draw us away from Jesus. They teach that we can work our way to heaven, that it is through baptism or keeping of the Law of Moses that we make it. Friends, I agree with J. Vernon McGee, who stated, "Faith plus noting equals salvation."

If our heart does decline to following the false religions and not the Truth of Jesus, what can result?  Our life can be destroyed and our soul send down to hell. We must not be seduced away with the attraction, alluring, and sinful stranger.




LET IT GROW

Liberty Bible Commentary says:
Wisdom instruction is addressed to the heart (mind and will) of man because the basic decisions which control the  flow of man's life are made in this willing center. The optimism of the text resides in the emphasis on man's ability to make the right decision.

Strong men have been ruined by the simple ones (verse 7). Are we warning and teaching our young people about their dedication to Jesus? Are we grounding them in Biblical principles now while we have the opportunity? Are we an example of a strong faith and prayer life, as well as daily Bible readings? Oh the joy of spending time with our Savior in His Word and prayer.
How is your willing center?

LET IT GO

Surrender my will in this matter to God.
Surrender my heart and mind to God.
Wait and trust Him-one more time, one more day.

No comments:

Post a Comment