Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Who is Life About?

O. T.#1361  "Who is Life About?"
Jan. 8, 2019
Psalm 119-Part 11
Now let Your unfailing love comfort me, just as You promised me, Your servant.  Ps. 119:76

LET IT GLOW

Stanza 10, verses 73-80

We were reminded that God is good and He does good.
The psalmist frequently shares the character of God in this chapter:
  • His faithfulness (verses 75 and 90)
  • His compassion (verse 77)
  • His righteousness (verses 137 and 142)
  • His mercy (verse 156). (MacArthur)
We know that God is holy, wise, and just in His action. Isn't He also faithful and compassionate toward us, especially whenever we are unfaithful and unloving toward Him!

LET IT GROW

Who is our life about? Is it about us, living in ease and comfort, enjoying the fruits of our labor, or is it about serving our Merciful God, loving Him, and walking by faith all the way to heaven, and taking others with us?

What else did David learn?
  • God's hands made and fashioned him. (verse 73)
  • David hope was in God's Word. (verse 74)
  • Because God is faithful, He brought affliction upon David. (verse 75)
  • He learned to pray for God's merciful kindness to be his comfort. (verse 76)
Now, what were David's 5 petitions that he made to God, the Let's?
  1. (verse 76) Let Thy merciful kindness comfort me.
  2. (verse 77) Let the God's tender mercies come unto me, that I may live: for Thy law is my delight.
  3. (verse 78) Let the proud be ashamed, for he will meditate in God's precepts.
  4. (verse 79) Let those that fear Thee and known Thy testimonies turn unto me.
  5. (verse 80) Let my heart be sound in Thy statues, that I be not ashamed.
So be it unto you and me, dear friend.

LET IT GO


Delight in God's Word.
Find comfort within it.
Be hope to others.
Be not ashamed of keeping God's Word and ways.
Walk the talk.

1 comment:

  1. I love how you break this down! Thank you!

    Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete