Monday, January 21, 2019

Cry Me a River

O. T. #1370  "Cry Me a River"
Jan. 21, 2019
Psalm 119:19
Make Thy face to shine upon Thy servant; and teach me Thy statutes. Psalm 119:135

LET IT GLOW

Stanza 17, verses 129-136

How we desire to have the face of God shine upon us! We want His blessings overflowing. We need His approval. Don't we want to please Him with our life?

Oh how we need the blessing of God in order to walk uprightly and perform adequately for Him. (Falwell)

We read this in Numbers 6:25, where the Lord told Moses to have Aaron, the High Priest, to bless their children of Israel, The Lord make His face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee.

We desire to be accepted by God and comfort by Him during our cloudy or dark days of our life. It doesn't matter if the world frowns upon us, as long as the Lord shines His approval upon us.

LET IT GROW


Oh, just cry me a river. Have we heard that phrase? It sounds like the speaker is not sympathic, and they were whenever they said it. But David was in sorrow and grief when he made that statement. His grief was over his people who were not keeping God's law. Have we been that way before-crying our eyes out over the sins of a loved one?

Rivers of waters run down mine eyes, because they keep not Thy law. (verse 136)

Our loving heavenly Father loves us and cares for those we care for. (excuse the grammar) So continue to bring them to the altar of His Mercy Seat and beg for God's mercy to be upon them. He will, dear one. He will. I am experiencing it now.

LET IT GO


I desire to please You Father. Show me what is displeasing to You in my life so I can change.
Thank You that my prayers are heard and answered over my loved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment