Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Hard Days Vs. Abundant Days

O. T. #1272 "Hard Days Vs. Abundant Days"
August 28, 2018
Psalm 74
For God is my King of old, working salvation in the midst of the earth.  Psalm 74:12

LET IT GLOW

Just put me in the old folks home and close the door. I make more messes than I (or anyone else) want to clean up. I am tired of being stinky and sinful and failing. Let me cry and hide behind the closed door, alone. When I let him have an inch, the devil takes a mile. Humble pie is becoming a regular on my plate of life. Jesus, this is hard, too hard, You know what I mean.

Well, that was yesterday, and today is a new day. I want some abundant life today, Lord Jesus. Will You pour down some, for my cup is empty? I trusted You all these years and You never failed me back then. I know You are still working today. Folks, twice I read John 10:10 in devotions this morning. I God trying to tell me something? Help me to keep on thanking You and praising You this day. It is Your love and strength that keeps me going, Jesus. Your love is abundant today. I could use some mercy, too.

Asaph was down as he wrote this psalm, probably after the fall of Jerusalem in 586 B.C. by Babylon. The enemies ram-sacked and burned Jerusalem in an attempt to wipe out every trace of God. (They were idol worshipers.) For 70 years Israel was held captive.

When we are waiting for God to act in our life and He seems to be slow about it, He isn't. It is God's timing that is best for us-for His glory and our good. When we ask, "How long? or "Why?" or " Where is God?" Can we see Him working around us?
Asaph shows us by example what we should do review:
  • the mighty acts of God in biblical history, and
  • what He has done for us personally.
God controls all the things on earth, including the sea, streams, sun and moon, and seasons. His hand is upon our situation, also.

God is at work, not only in history, but also in your life today.  (Life Application Study Bible)

Jesus came to give us life and more abundant life. The thief tries to steal, kill and destroy it. (John 10:10)

So let's get up, leave the past in the past, and let the hope of Jesus rise up in us today. (I have to tell myself that often.)


LET IT GROW

Asaph said in verse 9, We see not our sign: there is no more any prophet: neither is there among us any that knoweth how long.

The Urim and Thummim were on the High Priest's garment, but it was gone. No shekinah glory of God descended down from heaven, filling the Temple. The Temple had been destroyed and the articles inside it were capture. A little ray of hope shown through the dark days of Israel. Reread our key verse-God is working. Is He our King of old?
 
What mighty acts has God done in our lives, in days of old? Breath and salvation, strength to carry on in spite of this old body aches and pains.
God did not abandon Israel, nor will He leave us. My only hope is to trust God.




LET IT GO

Surround me with Your love today, Jesus.
Be my anchor, for my sails are torn and tattered.
You are my God in the old days and in today.
I believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment