Friday, July 30, 2010

Good Gifts

Luke 11

If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children,
how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to
them that ask him?  Luke 11:13

LET IT GLOW

One time our grown son asked to borrow our new car to take on a weekend
trip, and we loaned it. We didn't loan him a tractor or a lawn mower, instead,
we loaned what he asked.

In the same sense, the Lord Jesus was talking about me, a sinner, knows
how to give good gifts to my children. In comparison, He says the Heavenly
Father will give (a good gift) the Holy Spirit when I ask.

What comfort, encouragement, wisdom, and strength is available just by
asking for the Holy Spirit. I consider this a personal situation. I don't need
to show evidence that I have the Holy Spirit in my life, I feel Him there. It
is something to thing about.


LET IT GROW

In verse 27, a woman was blessing the woman that birthed and nurished
Jesus.
He added to that statement in verse 28 by saying,"Yea, rather, blessed
are they that hear the word of God, and keep it."

Matthew Henry Commentary says:
What an admirable, what an excellent man is this! Surely never was there a
greater or better born of a woman: happy the woman that has him for her son.
Christ said that more happy are His faithful and obedient followers than she
who bore and nursed Him.
Not only are those that hear the Word of God blessed, but also those that
keep It, memorize It, and keep It as their way and rule.


LET IT GO

Ask for the Holy Spirit.
Work on keeping God's Word when I hear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment