Monday, July 12, 2010

Go Fetch 'Em

Mark 13
And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with
great power and glory.  Mark 13:26

LET IT GLOW

As a child, I would spend time looking at the clouds. I would use my
imagination, picking out objects the clouds had formed. There have been a
few times whenever I saw white fluffy clouds with the bright sun shining
behind them.  How gorgeous is God's creation.

It was just a week ago when we were riding to church that huge, white, fluffy
clouds appeared in the sky in front of us. My imagination kicked in and
I saw the outline of a perfect face of a man. My husband saw it, too. I
wondered if that was what it will be like when Jesus comes back. Everyone
will see Him coming in the clouds with great power and glory.

In verse 27, Jesus says," And then shall he send his angels, and shall gather
together his elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to
the uttermost part of heaven."

No one knows the day or the hour, but our Father God. I want to be ready,
clothed in His righteousness.

LET IT GROW

In this chapter, take heed is daid by Jesus four times.  The word heed means
give attention, observe, consider, careful notice or consideration.

I want to give special attention or consideration to these things Jesus warned
us of:
  • Many will claim to be Christ, but don't let imposters deceive me.
  • There will be wars, earthquakes, and famines; however, these are
          only the beginnings.
  • Be on guard because they will turn me over to the courts, to the
           synagogues to be beaten; take me to testify before governors and

            kings; speak what the Holy Spirit tells me
  • Family members will betray and kill each other because of Jesus'
            name.
  • Jerusalem will be destroyed.
  • Watch and pray since I don't know when Jesus will return.
 
In verse 26, God will tell His Son to go get (fetch) His children from all
four directions.


LET IT GO

Persevere to the end.
Be ready, watch, pray for Jesus' return.
Love Jesus with all my heart and don't deny Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment