Friday, July 2, 2010

Good, Better, Best

Mark 7
He hath done all things well: he maketh both the deaf to hear, and
the dumb to speak.        Mark 7:37

LET IT GLOW

Jesus healed a man who was blind and could not speak. The people were
beyond measure astonished. This is the first part of the above verse.
Did Jesus not do anything well? No, I don't think so.

I want to hear from Jesus and speak for Jesus. I don't want to be deaf to
His Words, but hear them, say them, and do them.

Is doing a good job enough? Could I have done better? Did I do my best
for Jesus? These are questions for me to ask myself.

Colossians 3:17 says, "And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in
the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him."

Colossians 3:23 says,"And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the
Lord, and not unto men."

So these verses tell me that whatever I am doing, at work, church, or
home, I am to do it for the Lord and not for the praise of people or for
myself.

LET IT GROW

The Pharisees' hang up was tradition. Thus they missed Jesus' point.
They said eating with unwashed hands defiled a person.

"It is what comes from inside that defiles you.  For from within, out of a
person's heart, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder,
adultery, greed, wickedness, deceit, lustful desires, envy, slander, pride,
and foolishness. All these vile things come from within; they are what
defile you." Mark 7:20-23  NLT

Defile means corruption. What is in my heart is evident by my words,
actions, dress, activities, decisions,  etc.

God's Word never changes. Different versions may try to water It
down. Society may try to wiggle around it or excuse themselves.
God's way is best and for our good.

David found that out when he tried to move the Ark back home on a
new cart instead of the Levites carrying it on their shoulders. A man
died as a result of  Israel doing it their way instead of God's way. God's
standards never change. So since it is Him I am striving to please, I want
to be obedient to His Word. (My heart problem will be evident to others.)

I remember my husband telling our children, "It's not done until it's
done right." How true.

LET IT GO

Consider how Jesus did all things well and strive to do my best.
Whatever I do, do it for the Lord, not for myself.

Everyone have a safe and wonderful weekend celebrating our country's
Independence Day. (Christ has set us free from our sins.)

No comments:

Post a Comment