Monday, July 5, 2010

Remember What?

Mark 8
"Having eyes, see ye not? and having ears, hear ye not? and do ye not
remember?" Jesus asked.    Mark 8:18

LET IT GLOW

Quite often I find myself standing in a room asking,"Why did I come in here?"
I'm told that it's this middle age thing. I easily get distracked. Start doing
something else, then don't do what was intended. Oh, well. Oh, well what?
Maybe the disciples were in the same boat as me.

Jesus was with His disciples in a boat. The only food they brought with them
was one loaf of bread. Who forgot the food? They were arguing with each
other because of it. Jesus asked them, "Don't you remember anything at
all?" Mark 8:18 NLT

He fed 5,000 with 5 loaves of bread and had 12 baskets left over. He
fed 4,000 with 7 loaves of bread with 7 baskets left over.
Again Jesus asked,"Don't you understand yet?"  verse 21 NLT

Why didn't the disciples ask Jesus to multiply their one loaf of bread?
He could have given each disciple 10, 100, or 1,000 loaves each. Did
they even think about it? Why not ask for a honey loaf?
I wonder, did they ever eat?
Yet ye  have not because ye ask not, says James 4:2. Maybe they didn't
ask.

When Jesus warned the disciples about the Pharisees and Sadducees, He
wasn't speaking about yeast in the bread, but about their deceptive
teachings. I sure don't want to be like them.

LET IT GROW

"For what shall it profit a man if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his
own soul? Or what shall a man give in exchange for his souls?" Jesus asked.
Mark 8: 36-37
What benefit is it for me to gain the whole world, be CEO of an oil company
or become President of America, but I loose my own soul by going to Hell?
Nothing. Zilch.
Nothing is worth more than my soul. It's the most important thing that I have,
own, or could possess.

LET IT GO

I don't want to teach one thing and do the opposite. Isn't that a hypocrite?
Keep God #1.
Keep material things in the right priority.
Maybe I should ask Jesus more often, instead of trying to provide it on my
own.

No comments:

Post a Comment