Monday, July 19, 2010

Who Went?

Luke 2
And all went to be taxed, every one into his own city.  Luke 2:3


LET IT GLOW

In verse 20, we see,"And the shepherds returned, glorifying and praising
God for all the things that they had heard and seen, as it was told unto them."

It was the samo-samo night. Little did the shepherds know it was a special
night to the whole world. They had special visitors that night out in the field.
An angel from the Lord who spoke directly to them and other angels praised
God. What were the shepherds told?

It was true, what the angel told the shepherds: a Savior was born in the City
of David. Did they wait until daylight to check it out? Did they wait for
someone to come replace them on the job? No, they came with haste.
(verse 16)

What had they heard and seen in Bethlehem?
Mary, Joseph, and the babe is what they found. He was lying in a manger.

What did they do after that, with this extraordinary news?
They made it known abroad the saying which was told them concerning this
child. (verse 17)
They returned glorifying and praising God. (verse 20)

Well then, what do I do with this news concerning this child, the Son of God,
the Savior, the Messiah, was born as a child on earth? Do I share it?
Do I also glorify and praise God for Him?

LET IT GROW

The word went is the past tense of the word go. It sounds like some action
is taking place. Of course, it's an action  verb.

Is it important where I went today? Apparently so, because chapter 2
records 9 times where people went:

1. Verse 3-And all went to be taxed, every one in his own city.
2. Verse 4-Joseph (and Mary) went to Bethlehem.
3. Verse 9-The angel of the Lord came (went) to them (the shepherds).
4. Verse 16-They came (shepherds went) to see Mary, Joseph, and baby
                    Jesus.
5. Verse 27-And he (Simeon) came (went) by the Spirit to the temple.
6. Verse 38-And she coming in ...(Anna went to the temple, prayed, fasted,
                    gave thanks for redemption-Jesus).
7. Verse 42-Mary and Joseph went to Jerusalem when Jesus was 12
                    years old.
8. Verse 44-Mary and Joseph went a day's journey (after Passover, toward
                    home).
9. Verse 51-And he (Jesus) went down with them (Mary and Joseph) to
                    Nazareth.

I really haven't considered it an important thing-where I go today or where
I went today/ where I didn't go.
In the scriptures, some went to Jesus and some went to the temple.

I go to Jesus in prayer. I go to worship at church on Sunday. Where else do
I go? I go to town, to work, etc. Maybe I'm supposed to ask Jesus where
He wants me to go.
Is it important where I didn't go? Yes, if the Lord wanted me to go to a
specific place. Things to ponder about, as Mary in verse 19.

LET IT GO

Ask Jesus where He wants me to go.

Be obedient to go where He leads me

Be alert to share the news that a Savior has been born, wherever I go.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment