Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Ashamed

Luke 9 For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall
the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and
in his Father's, and of the holy angels.  Luke 9:26

LET IT GLOW

The disciples saw someone casting out devils using Jesus' name. They told
him not to do that since he wasn't a part of their group of followers. John
told Jesus what had happened.

In verse 50, Jesus replies, "Forbid him not: for he that is not against us is for
us."
Jesus' name was so powerful that devils (demons) must flee when It is used.
To me, the man must have had faith in Jesus, otherwise, why would he be
using His name to do this?

This says to me that even though a person may not be of the same
denomination as me, they can still be a Christian and a follower of Jesus.
They can be serving the same Lord that I serve and be on their way to the
same heaven as me. Do I treat them with the same love? Aren't we on the
same team, so to speak?

Is Jesus saying that if I don't say that I'm against something, a wrong action or
teaching, then I'm saying, without speaking, that I approve of it? Maybe
silence is not always the right thing. Something to think about.


LET IT GROW

In verse 26, Jesus says,"For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and my
words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his
own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels."

If I am too cowardly or worldly to testify in my belief of Jesus Christ as my
Savior and thus I'm ashamed of Him here on earth, then Christ will be
ashamed of me before the Father God when He testifies about me. He
would declare that I was not one of His children and not let me enter into
heaven.
I don't want that to happen, so I testify and share my belief in Jesus Christ
as my Lord and Savior. I am not ashamed of Him or His Word, the Bible.
How about you?

In Matthew 10:33, Jesus says,"But whosoever shall deny me before men, him
will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven."

Paul tells us in 2Timothy 2:12, "If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we
deny him, he also will deny us.

These are words from the Lord, so they are to be taken seriously.

LET IT GO

Accept Christian believers and followers of Jesus Christ that are in other
denominations.

Be not ashamed to profess Jesus as my Lord and Savior and His Words
before people.

No comments:

Post a Comment