Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Treasures

Ephesians 1
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ.   Ephesians 1:3


LET IT GLOW

As many of you know, I have changed my wardrobe following Shari Braendel's suggestions in her book, Good Girls Don't Have to Dress Bad. Along with the change of the colors of my clothing came a change in my accessories. Looking in my jewelry holder, I found myself lacking in this area, since I only had small chain necklaces, not large beaded ones. Now I sure didn't have the money to buy new necklaces and bracelets after buying several new sweaters, etc. Then I recalled that I had saved all my mother's jewelry.  (smile) It was in an old cigar box under the bed, mind you. Of course I had to check out the possibilities. It was worth a shot. Sure enough, when I opened the dust covered box, I found a treasure. There were large beaded necklaces of various colors. Why, the colors even matched my new clothing colors. You talk about excited, I was. (Also, I found a couple of zip-lock bags full, and my old Sarah Coventry jewelry, which I once sold.) I was like a child in a candy store. I started pulling out the necklaces, matching them with the clothing, trying them on. Finally, the accepted ones were placed in my cherry armoire. Wow, what a blessing! And they were all free, there all the time, just waiting to be found.
Folks, there are "treasures" , or spiritual blessings, in God's Word, waiting for His people (we are His treasures) to find them. Here are a few which I found in chapter 1.

Our Blessings in Christ from God the Father:
  • blessed us with all spiritual blessings (verse 3)
  • chose us before the foundation of the world (verse 4) [To choose means to call out, select.]
  • adopted us as His children  through His predestination (verse 5) 
  • accepted us into His beloved family (verse 6)
  • redeemed us through Jesus' blood (verse 7)
  • forgiven us of our sins (verse 7) [Forgiveness means to send forth, send away.]
  • revealed God's will to us by Christ (verses 8-10) [Salvation by grace and faith in Christ]
  • made us an inheritance through Christ (verses 11-12)
  • sealed us with the Holy Spirit (verses 13-14) [Seals indicated ownership and correctness of contents.]
  • gave us a deposit of the Holy Spirit (verse 14) [Earnest money is partial payment on a total obligation.]
   (Resource: Shepherd's Notes)

These are all spiritual blessings which our loving Heavenly Father has given us through Christ Jesus His Son.
Wow! That is all I can say.


LET IT GROW

We read Paul's prayer for his readers in verses 16-19:
"Cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers; That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints, And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power.

Like Paul, I  pray for you, my readers:
  • giving thanks for you (verse 16)
  • asking the Father to give you wisdom and a revelation of Him (verse 17)
  • asking Him to enlighten the eyes of your heart (verse 18)
  • asking Him to give you knowledge of the hope of His calling (verse 18)
  • asking Him to show you the riches of the glory of His inheritance (verse 18)
  • asking Him to show you what is the exceeding greatness of His power (verse 19)
Father, please grant all these blessings upon everyone who reads this blog, in the past, present, and future; especially those who are faithful readers. It is written for Your glory, for the encouragement of the saints, and to bring words of salvation to the lost. In Jesus name I pray. Amen


LET IT GO

Daily thank the Lord for all His blessings upon me.

Pray for others daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment