Thursday, February 3, 2011

Over Blessed with Snow

Galatians 3
Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us.    Galatians 3:20

LET IT GLOW

Our dirt road was getting quite dusty by last weekend. So much that I was praying for rain. Forgetting that we are in the middle of winter with cold temperatures, I wasn't specific in my request. Yes, the Lord answered my prayer. It rained most of the night, but since it was below freezing, it turned to sleet. Now today it has been snowing most of the day. I would say that the Lord is definitely able to do "exceeding abundantly above what I asked. His power is seen outside my house. I should be thankful, right? Is there such a thing as "over blessed?" (God is in control.) We're looking for a foot of snow.

Well then, verse 20 can apply to other things I ask the Lord for, not just rain. So where's my faith?

"Whatever we may ask, or think to ask, still God is still able to do more, abundantly more, exceedingly abundantly more," Matthew Henry tells us.

Jerry Falwell said it this way, " He has the power to do it over superabundantly, overwhelmingly, over and above, more than enough. Our highest expectations are not beyond God's power to grant."


LET IT GROW

Paul prays in verse 17 "That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love.

Christ abides in our hearts through faith.
I am to be rooted like a tree. We have several tall old oak trees that were uprooted by a strong storm four years ago. Their roots a extraordinarily big. Yet, these trees fell over and their roots did not hold them in the ground that time.
Grounded in Greek is "founder," "having your foundations resting on." It's like the foundation of a building holding it up.
I am to be rooted and grounded in Christ's love. He is to have first place in my heart. He doesn't want to be an occasional visitor or a guest. He's the owner and lives here.


LET IT GO

Remember that God can do exceeding abundantly above all I ask or think. Trust Him to do it.

Stay rooted and grounded in Christ's love.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment