Friday, February 25, 2011

Stars in my Eyes

Philippians 2-Part 3
Do all things without murmurings and disputings: That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;   Philippians 2:14-15


LET IT GLOW

The other evening, when returning home from church, I noticed the sky full of twinkling stars. This would have been  an ordinary event for a summer's night, but after two weeks of snow and clouds, it was extraordinary to see. So I stood for a few minutes, looking up and around, hunting for the Big and Little Dippers and other star formations on a star struck night. How awesome our Creator is! To think, He knows how many stars there are and knows them by name. Did I have stars in my eyes that evening? Probably so.

Stars are shining lights in the world, a world of dark nights. Paul tells us we are to shine as lights in the world. Our world is dark with sin.

In John 8:12, Jesus said, "I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life."

2 Corinthians 4:6 states, "For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ."

Ephesians 5:8 says, For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light."

Do people see Jesus shining in me? I want to be  reflecting the light, Jesus, in my life. I need to let Him shine through me by yielding to Him.


LET IT GROW

I should type verse 13 in bold, large letters and place them over my sink as a reminder to do all things without murmuring and disputing. I confess, on my list of favorite things to do is not washing dishes. Therefore, I  try singing to the Lord so I am not murmuring and disputing. Sometimes I don't sing, but grumble.
What is murmuring, anyway?

Murmuring means saying anything in a low  tone; a discontented complaint; grumbling, muttering;
Disputing is intellectual rebellion against God. To dispute means to argue, debate.
[Resources: Thayer's Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament, Webster's Dictionary]

Wow! I didn't realize it was that serious. So when I  complain about those dirty dishes which I am washing, I am rebelling against God's will? Yes, because I am complaining,  quietly under my breath. So that means I am sinning. Oh my. I am sinning while washing dishes. Little ears are listening to me, as a grandma washes dishes. (Meaning my granddaughter)
What else do I grumble and argue about? Huh Oh.


LET IT GO

I'm letting go of that grumbling and disputing.

Let Jesus shine through me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment