Thursday, June 17, 2010

Words

Matthew 24
...they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven
with power and great glory. And he shall send his angels with a
great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect
from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
Matthew 24:30b-31

LET IT GLOW

Words. How important are they? They are very important to us. We use
words to express our ideas, feelings and thoughts, and to communicate
with others every day. They can be written, oral, or just thoughts. They
can be encouraging or hurtful.
What would we do without words?  Communication is difficult without
words. My two year old granddaughter is learning to say new words. We
often communicate with the motions of our hands. I keep her every other
week, so it's easy to understand her. How would it be with strangers?
I'm glad to have our language.

Most of all, I'm appreciate the written Word of God. He talks to me
through It. Once while on a mission trip, my husband encountered a
Christian woman who did not have the Bible. She was so happy and
grateful to receive One in her language. Am I that excited to hear
from God when I open His Word?

Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.
verse 35

The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall
stand for ever.       Isaiah 40:8

Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.
Ps.119:11

How important are God's Words to me? Do I study It and memorize It
as much as I should?  One thing that will last forever is God's Word.
What He says goes. It will go on and on. It won't fade, wilt, rust, decay,
change, or be destroyed. That sounds very dependable.

LET IT GROW

In this chapter, Jesus told His disciples about the sign of the end of the
age (verses 4-26), the sign of His coming (verses 27-35), and talks
about the temple being destroyed (verse 2).
 [Information from "Illustrated Bible Handbook"]

In verse 42, Jesus tells us to "Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour
your Lord doth come."

In verse 44, He says,"Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as
ye think not the Son of man cometh."

So these verses tell me that I should be watching for Jesus and be ready for
Him to come back to earth.
What preparations need to be made?
Ask Jesus to be my Savior and forgive my sins-check
Be in His will for my life-check
Help family and friends get prepared-check partially.
Make preparations for my death in case it comes first-uh, some
Leave a spiritual legacy for my children and grandchildren-in progress

I'm sure you can add to my list, especially if your bus for heaven was
leaving tomorrow.

I have been working on a spiritual journal to leave my family. It
contains meaningful scriptures, words of wisdom from others, my life
lessons, sayings, highlights from Christian books I've read, and my
doctrine. I want it to be useful in their walk of life and faith here on earth.

LET IT GO

Read and memorize more of God's Word.
Watch for Jesus' return.
Be ready for His return.
Help others get ready for eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment