Friday, June 4, 2010

Eating Crumbs

Matthew 15

Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou Son of David.
Matthew 15:22

LET IT GLOW

A woman of Canaan, a Gentile, had a daughter possessed of a devil.
Jesus didn't answer her request immediately; the disciples wanted to
send her away. But she begged for mercy. His silence didn't mean He
wasn't listening to her. He wanted to test her faith, how strong or
weak it was.

She worshipped Jesus, then asked for His help. So many times I turn it
around and ask for His help, then worship Him.

In verse 26, Jesus answered and said," It is not meet to take the
children's bread, and to cast it to dogs." Was Jesus calling her a "dog" ?
It was common for Jews to refer to Gentiles as dogs, according to
Matthew Henry. I didn't know this. I thought it was degrading, but
I'm living in my society, now, not back then.

The woman agreed with Jesus,"Yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which
fall from their masters' table." She knew it was a little thing for Jesus,
The Master, to heal her daughter of the demon..

What was Jesus' answer? Remember, He can see into the heart.
"O woman, great is thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt," He said.
Wow, for Jesus to say I had great faith. This is my goal. This woman,
unnamed, is still known for her great faith because it is recorded in the
Bible. How many people have read of her great faith?

For without faith it is impossible to please Him: for he that cometh to
God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that
diligently seek him. Hebrews 11:6

I want to eat crumbs from the Master's table. I am spiritually hungry for
His Word. This woman didn't get sidetracked when Jesus,"be it unto
thee even as thou wilt." Her deep love and concern was for her daughter
and her deliverance. She didn't ask for anything else.

LET IT GROW

In verse 30, others were cast down at Jesus' feet and He healed them.
It mentions who was brought to Him-the lame, blind, dumb, maimed,
and many others. What happened then?

According to NLT, "Those who hadn't been able to speak were
talking, the crippled were made well, the lame were walking, and the
blind could see again! And they praised the God of Israel." Talk about
a revival meeting experienced first hand, up on a hill by the Sea of
Galilee. We see His compassion again.
How wonderful it will be in heaven to see people made well.

LET IT GO

Cast myself at Jesus' feet for mercy. I am spiritually and physically
unable to speak, walk, see, and live without Him.
Daily  I want to eat crumbs from my Master's table (His Word).

No comments:

Post a Comment