Monday, June 28, 2010

A Strong House

Mark 3
For He hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
Hebrews 13:5

LET IT GLOW

In this chapter, where did Jesus go?
  • the synagogue (verse 1)
  • to the sea (verse 7)
  • up the mountain (verse 13)
Wherever I go, I take Jesus with me because He is living in my heart.
Like Hebrews tells us, He won't leave us.
I take Him to church, work, walking, to the store, on vacation.
Am I taking Jesus places He wants to go or does  not want to go?

LET IT GROW

The house I live in is probably 80 years old. Four years ago, a very
high wind came through and blew against it. Still  the house stands. Its
foundation is strong.
The wind was so powerful that it uprooted many trees around the house
and took the tops of two trees on both sides of the house. It collasped
our barn and part of an old chicken house. How powerful my God is!
I am grateful that His hand of protection was on our house.


"And if a house be divided against itself, that house cannot stand,"
Jesus was speaking in verse 25.

I remember the song from Sunday School as a child: " The Wise Man
Built His House Upon the Rock." In the song, the rains came down and
the floods came up, but the house on the rock stood still. What
happened to the house built on sand? It went splash. So build your life
on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will stand firm.
 (Matthew 7:24-27 is the story.)

My house, which is my life, is built upon the Lord Jesus Christ and His
teachings. I want to stay in agreement with His Word,and  obey.
If I don't, then my life to be divided and  fall apart.

I want a strong house, family, that withstands the storms.(So far, it has
stood 37 years.) It  needs to keep Jesus as its foundation. When the
children were home, we would discuss family matters with each other
and be in agreeement. The family stood firm and was not divided, so it
did not  fall apart.


LET IT GO

Be aware of where I am taking Jesus throughout the day.
Keep God's Word in my heart.
Have unity in my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment