Thursday, June 24, 2010

Immediately

Mark 1

LET IT GLOW


When my children were growing up, I often responded to their "Mom"
call with a "Wait a minute." That wasn't what they wanted to hear and
they would keep calling me until I came to them.
I am so glad that Jesus doesn't wait, but answers immediately.

The word immediately is used over 40 times in the book of Mark.
It means now, instantly, promptly, instantaneously, directly, straightway.

I found this word, immediately, or its synonyms, used 10 times in
chapter 1:
  1. when the Spirit like a dove came upon Jesus-verse 10
  2. when the Spirit led Jesus into the wilderness-verse 12
  3. how soon Simon Peter and Andrew followed Jesus-verse18
  4. when Jesus called James and John as disciples-verse 20
  5. when Jesus taught in the synagogue at Capernaum-verse 21
  6. how the news about Jesus spread-verse 28
  7. when they went to Simon & Andrew's house-verse 29
  8. when they told Jesus of Peter's mother inlaw's sickness -verse30
  9. how soon the leper was healed-verse 42
  10. when Jesus sent the healed leper away-verse 43
Jesus didn't waste time. He had the Father's power and He changed things
immediately. When He spoke to or touched someone, His command
happened right them.
How do I respond to Jesus? Is it later, when I make the time? The
disciples responded immediately when Jesus called them.

LET IT GROW

And in the early morning, while it was still dark, He arose and
went out and departed to a lonely place, and  was praying there.
Matt. 1:35 NAS

Jesus went alone and prayed. It was dark and early in the morning when
He went.Since Jesus is my example, I should pray early in the morning,
alone, in a quiet place. My prayer time is sometimes outside on the porch
swing; sometimes it is in my living room; sometimes it is while I'm walking
on the treadmill. I call it my "meeting with Jesus" time. Do you have a
special place and time to meet with Jesus in prayer?

LET IT GO

Be faithful in my prayer time.
Listen, then immediately respond when Jesus calls me.

No comments:

Post a Comment