Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Homemade Bread

Matthew 13

Jesus sayeth unto them, "Have ye understood all these things?"
They say unto him, "Yea Lord." Matt. 13:51

LET IT GLOW

Jesus tells many  parables, an earthly story with a heavenly meaning,
in this chapter. He wanted the people to understand about heaven.
This particular one is about a merchant seeking pearls.

In verse 46 He says,"Who, when he had found one pearl of great
price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it."

I like to wear my fake pearls and pretend they are real. They didn't cost
much to purchase them but they  look just as good as the real ones. In
this scripture  I am "the one pearl" of great price. Jesus gave up heaven, all that
He had, to buy my salvation. That makes me very precious to Him.

LET IT GROW

Verse 33 says,"Another parable spake he unto them; "The kingdom
of heaven is like unto leaven, which a woman took, and hid in three
measures of meal, til the whole was leavened."

Mmmm. The smell of fresh homemade bread baking in the oven.
Who can forget? I used to bake homemade rolls (refrigerator kind)
every week for Sunday dinner. That was 15-20 years ago, in the days
when I had an abundance of energy. To make yeast bread, it only requires
one small package of yeast, 6 cups of flour, and a lot of extra work.
Also, it takes time for the yeast to rise in the flour mixture. But it is worth
the time and energy spent. My family enjoyed the rolls. I might add that
I made the refrigerator kind, which rose in the frig while we were at
church, instead of the real kind like my mother made, which required
kneeding twice. (They were not quite as good, but lots easier.)
Hot rolls, butter and jelly can't be beat.

In this scripture, yeast is God's Word and my heart is the flour. Adding
His scriptures to my heart daily yields good fruit just as adding yeast to
flour (plus other ingredients) makes lucious rolls.

In John 6:35, Jesus said ,"I am the bread of life; he that cometh to me
shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst."

Truly, Jesus does satisfy the hunger in my soul.

LET IT GO

When I wear my pearls, I will remember that I am valuable to Jesus.
Thank you Lord for loving me so that much that You left heaven
to purchase my salvation.
Daily I will read Your Word in order to feed my soul  on the Bread
of Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment