Friday, June 11, 2010

Busy, Busy Bee

Matthew 20
So the last shall be first and the first last; for many be called, but
few chosen.                      Matthew 20:16


LET IT GLOW

Last night as I was reading the Bible outside in the cool breeze, I heard
a bee buzzing around. It was flying from clover bloom to clover bloom
drinking in the nectar. (Our yard is full of clover blooms when the grass
grows up.) It was so busy, around my feet, but it didn't pay any attention
to me and my cat. I, too, get busy going here and there, doing this and
that.

And Jesus stood still, and called them... verse 32

Jesus and His followers were heading to Jerusalem. They were walking
along with a purpose. However, Jesus took the time and stopped to
talk to these two blind men. In all His busyness, maintaining the world is
a big job, Jesus stands still and calls out to me. Do I hear Him and
respond, or am I too busy to hear?

What do I do when Jesus passes by me? The blind men cried out for
mercy in their blindness. Do I? When I ask, Jesus gives me sight to
see the truth, just as He gave it to these two men.

LET IT GROW

Verse 27 say,"And whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your
servant."

Am I serving others? Is my attitude that of a servant? Hmmmm.
Not always.

1Peter 5:5- be subject to one another and be clothed with humility: for
                  God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble.
                  (found in Is.57:15)
Romans 14:19-edify one another
Romans 15:2-please one another for good
1Corinthians 9:19-Paul said he made himself a servant unto all.

The way to be great and chief is to be humble and serviceable.
Many times I want or wait to be served instead of getting up and
serving others. If I am blind to others' needs, I won't get up.

James 1:22 say," But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only,
deceiving your own selves.

LET IT GO

See the needs of others.
Stop my busyness, humble myself, and serve the one in need.
Listen for Jesus to call out to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment