Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Woman's Work is Never Done

Matthew 28
And the angel answered and said unto the women, Fear not ye: for I
know that ye seek Jesus, which was crucified. He is not here: for He
is risen, as He said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay.
                               Matt.28:5-6

LET IT GLOW

It sure is a nice feeling when housework is caught up, dishes and laundry
are done and I can relax. It doesn't last very long though, because it is
soon time for another meal, someone changes their dirty clothes, or
something needs to be put away. Whoever canned the phrase "woman's
work is never done" must have been a woman. Do I hear an amen?
But that's life. We serve our family out of love.

In today's scripture, we see three women, Mary Magdalene, Jame's
mother Mary, and Salome (Mark 16:1) going to Jesus' tomb to annoint
His body for burial. They were up and at it at the crack of dawn. This
work took priority before their housework. They couldn't have done it
earlier because of the sabbath. What do I do at dawn? Am I reading
God's Word and praying?

Did they let the earthquake stop them from fulfilling their purpose?
No, in fact they were blessed with an encounter with one of God's
angels. What if they had been too sleepy or too busy with housework to
make the walk to the graveyard? Would they have missed this
experience of a lifetime?

An angel encouraged the trio to see for themselves that Jesus' body
was not in the tomb. They did and knew for a fact, first hand, saw with
their own eyes, that "Jesus had risen!"  With fear and great joy the
women ran to tell the disciples. Hey, wait a minute. Why had the men not
come to check it out, to see if Jesus had risen as He said He would?
Where were these guys? They went back home and life was back to
the usual, fishing.

At any rate, this trio was blessed and double blessed-they had an
encounter with the RISEN LORD JESUS. In verse 9, Jesus spoke
to the ladies, "All hail." They knew who He was, no question about it.
How did they react? The women fell down at His feet and worshipped
Jesus. Oooh, should we do any less?

LET IT GROW

This group of women were on a mission trip. The angel told them to go
quickly and tell his disciples that Jesus was risen from the dead, and He
would meet them in Galilee. They encountered Jesus and He told them
to do the same thing. Was this an important message or what?

Go quickly, go tell, go ye. Sounds like a lot of going to me. I like to go.

At the end of the chapter and the end of the book of Matthew, we read
about Jesus giving the 11 disciples the Great Commission in verse 19-20:

"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the
Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. Teaching them to observe
all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you
alway, even unto the end of the world.

Where is Jesus sending us? Into our world, next door, around the block,
in another state, or in another country He sends us. Why? Our purpose
is to share the good news of our Risen Savior.

LET IT GO

Here I am Lord, ready to go into my world with the greatest news of all
times-Jesus Christ has risen from the dead! Remind me throughout my
day that "I am on a mission trip." Use my mouth to share Your love
around my world. I want to teach Your Word. I want to obey Your
calling. I want to support and pray for other missionaries as they go and
tell.

Not my will but Your will be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment