Monday, June 7, 2010

Who is Jesus?

Dear Friends,
Today's lessons are hard, but please read all of it through. I fail so many
times.  Jesus is there to pick me back up, dust off the dirt in my life
(forgive), and walk with me on this road of faith. I pray you will let Him
do the same with you.


Matthew 16
He saith unto them,"But whom say ye that I am?" Matthew 16:15

LET IT GLOW

At first Jesus asked His disciples who men said that He was. They
answered that men said He was John the Baptist, Elijah, Jeremiah, or
a prophet. Then the big question was asked. Jesus made it personal.
NAS says it this way:"He said to them, 'But who do you say that I am?'"

Peter makes his confession of faith,"Thou art the Christ, the Son of the
living God."

To bring it on down to us, Jesus asks,"Linda, who do you say that I am?"
My answer is,"Jesus, You are The Christ, The Messiah, The Son of the
Only Living God."

Now, this question comes to you, my friend, "Who do you say that
Jesus is?" It is the most important question  you will ever answer. Your
eternal destiny depends upon it. I pray that you will believe in Him, too.

We know what happened later to Peter when the Holy Spirit got a hold
of him at Pentecost-3,000 were saved. Peter's faith was evident.

What can Jesus Christ do with you and me when we let Him be
The Living God in us? Limitless things!

LET IT GROW

"Then said Jesus unto His disciples,'If any man will come after me, let him
deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.' " (verse 24)

Following Jesus requires me to do three things:
  1. Deny self
  2. Take up my cross
  3. Follow Jesus

Henry Blackaby tells us in Experiencing God Day-By-Day,
God is not interested in receiving secondhand glory from our activity. God receives glory from His activity through our lives.  Your "cross" is God's will for you, regardless of the cost. Taking up your cross is a choice. Neither circumstances you face nor  consequences of your own actions are your cross. Jesus does not follow us, we follow Him. Following Jesus requires absolute obedience. Following Jesus will lead you into experiences you never dreamed of!  

LET IT GO

Daily surrender to Christ as my Lord and Master.
Deny myself, take up my cross to do His will.
Follow Jesus wherever He leads me.

No comments:

Post a Comment