Thursday, May 5, 2016

Promises

O. T. #748  "Promises"
May 5, 2016
Summary of 2 Samuel

Promise keepers, promises breakers. In this day and age, so many people do not keep their promises. Oh, they may have good intentions at first, but life happens and they just can't seem to stay faithful. There is One who keeps every promise He made-Jesus Christ, the Son of God.

V. Epilogue (chapters 21-24) These are not written in proper order as they occurred, but the author wanted to include them in Scripture.

  • The Lord's judgment against Israel (21:1-14)
  • David's heroes (21:15-22)
  • David's song of praise (22:1-51)
  • David's last words (23:1-7)
  • David's mighty men (23:8-39)
  • The Lord's judgment against David (24:1-25)
Three events led up to David's weariness: his son Absalom's death, a three year famine, and war with the Philistines again. Those events led him to write the songs found in chapter 22.

The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection.
He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.
He is my refuge, my savior, the one who saves me from violence.
I called on the LORD, who is worthy of praise, and He saved me from my enemies. (NLT 22:1-4)

All the LORD's promises are true. (22:31)

What do you need the Lord to be for you today? Do you need a refuge and place of safety and protection today? Our Rock, Jesus, is there for us.
Are we trusting in His Promises and Words to be true?
David knew God was a promise keeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment