Tuesday, October 30, 2012

What Brings You Joy?

639.  " What Brings You Joy?"
October 30, 2012
2 John-Part 2    (verses 4-6)
It has given me great joy to find some of your children walking in the truth, just as the Father commanded us. And now, dear lady, I am not writing you a new command but one we have had from the beginning. I ask that we love one another. And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love.
2 John 4-6 NIV

LET IT GLOW

What brings me joy? Being with my children and grandchildren brings me joy. Talking with them, listening to them talk about their life, playing with the kids.It also gives me joy to see my children in church and serving the Lord. I wonder if my heavenly Father feels the same way. Does it bring Him joy when I ask for help, ask for things, want His will, ask for forgiveness, thank Him for all His provisions, stand in awe at the beauty of His creations?

How about you friend, what brings you joy?

Zephaniah 3:17 says, The Lord thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing.

Verse 4 in the King James Version, begins, I rejoiced greatly that I found of thy children walking in truth...

I looked up the word rejoiced, which means to derive joy from one, in the Thayer's Lexicon.

I wonder, if someone came to my community looking for me, would what they found cause them to rejoice? Would I be rejoicing over members of my church or grumbling about them?
Better yet, if Jesus came looking for me, would He rejoice in what He found?
How is my walk of faith going? Where is it leading me?


LET IT GROW

Looking at our key verses, John is talking to a church, the chosen lady, and her members, her children. What gives John great joy? To see them walking in:
  •  truth (verse 4);
  •  love (verse 6);
  •  obedience to His commands (verse 6).
How am I walking? Walking refers to the state in which one is living or the virtue or vice to which he is given.

Is the state in which I live, not Arkansas, but the manner in which I live that of truth, love, and obedience to God and His Word?

LET IT GO

Cling to truth and The Truth.

Stop walking around grumbling and love others.

Obey God's commands.









No comments:

Post a Comment