January 16, 2017
1 Chronicles 16-Part 2
Great is the LORD! He is most worthy of praise! 1 Chronicles 16:25 NLT
LET IT GLOW
There are so many things for which I am thankful to the Lord. I try to thank Him throughout the day, but fail so many times.
This morning as I was studying the Word, a tiny ladybug flew onto my book. Hmm, it is the middle of winter. What is it doing here? I watched as it would over and over again fly to the top of the page and then then fall back down to the middle (bottom of the hill so to speak). I feel like that today. I fail God, then He sets me back upon my feet of faith, and helps me fly above my problems, only to fall back again. Finally, I realized that poor little thing was not going to survive in this environment (no live plants in my house), so I carried it outside. I had to turn it over since the ladybug landed on its back. I don't know where it came from, only that the Lord would have to take care of it because it would eventually freeze to death.
Yes Lord, I am like that tiny bug in Your sight. I need Your help every hour.
In verses 25-27 we read of the difference between God and idols. Idols are man-made and do not have power, whereas, God is all powerful. He is the One who creates.
(The rest of this chapter is an extensive quotation of Psalms 105, 96, and 106.)
How does David describe God in his song of thanksgiving?
- He is great! (verse 8)
- He had done wonderful deeds. (verse 9)
- He performs wonders, miracles, and gives rulings. (verse 12)
- His justice is seen throughout the land. (verse 14)
- He keeps His covenants, commitments to a thousand generations. (verse 15)
- He gave Israel a never-ending covenant. (verse 17)
- God gave the land of Canaan to Israel as their special possession. (verse 18)
- He did not let anyone oppress them while Israel as a tiny nation. (verse 21)
- He saves! (verse 23)
- Honor and majesty surround Him; strength and joy fill His dwelling. (verse 27)
- The LORD reigns! (verse 31)
- His faithful love endures forever. (verse 34)
- He is good. (verse34)
- The LORD, the God of Israel lives from everlasting to everlasting! (verse 36)
LET IT GROW
What are some things David tells Israel and us to do?
- Give thanks to the LORD and glory He deserves for He is good.
- Proclaim His greatness and good news that He saves.
- Sing to Him, sing His praises.
- Exult His holy name.
- Search for he LORD and His strength, continually seek Him.
- Remember His wonders, miracles, and rulings.
- Remember His covenant.
- Publish His glorious deeds.
- Tell everyone of the amazing things He does.
- Fear Him above all gods.
- Give Him the glory He deserves.
- Bring your offering and come into His presence.
- Worship the LORD in all His holy splendor.
- Tremble before Him.
- Tell all the nations "The LORD reigns!"
- Cry out to God to save us from the heathen.
I cannot add to this. Are we, will we do these?
LET IT GO
Give thanks to the Lord for He is good. His mercy endures forever.