February 4, 2016
2 Samuel 6-Part 6
David appointed... 1 Chronicles 16:4
LET IT GLOW
Who would have thought? Who could have dreamed? Who might have imagined? Looking back at the events, trials, and challenges in my life, I can only shake my head in wonder and point my finger upward. Simply put, it has been God working in our lives. God has provided us with jobs, houses, food, and everything when we needed them. He has blessed us with fantastic children and grandchildren. He is still saving the lost in our family and community. He has given us a beautiful sanctuary in which to worship Him. What a wonderful life we are blessed with today! Who would have thought that God would allow us to come back home, to serve Him here for 18 years, after being gone 17 years serving elsewhere? Although we have made mistakes, failed and sinned, God still picks us up, forgives us, and uses us again for His kingdom work. Our King knows our needs and desires. It is faith in Him that pleases God. Look how He has blessed you today and share with us.
What was happening in Jerusalem? Let's check it out.
In 1 Chronicles 16:1-6, we read that after the Ark of God was placed within the tent David had prepared, after the Israelites made offerings to God, after David passed out bread and cakes, then David appointed certain Levites to lead in worship before the Ark of the LORD. Their names are listed here. I find it fascinating that among the vast tribe of Levite, the king knew these men's names and he knew who could play what instrument well-the cymbals, harps, lyres, and trumpets.
Our King Jesus knows all about us, who we are and the moves we make:
- He makes mention of our name and calls us by name, as He did with Prophet Isaiah. (Isaiah 49:1)
- He has engraved, cut into, carved, our name upon His palm. (Is. 49:16)
- He knows when I sit or stand. (Ps. 139:1)
- He knows my thoughts. (Ps. 139:2)
- He knows everything I do. (Ps. 139:3)
- He fearfully and wonderfully made us. (Ps. 139:14)
- He has set a time for every purpose under heaven. (Eccl. 3:1)
- Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace, which He has given us in Christ Jesus before the world began. (2 Tim. 1:9)
Are we surrendered to Him to be used for His glory?
LET IT GROW
Why did David appoint these specific men to lead in worship before the Ark of the LORD?
- He did so in order to invoke God's blessings,
- so the Israelites would give thanks to God,
- and to praise the Lord God of Israel.
Certain Levites were appointed to give continually praise and thanks to God. Praise and thanksgiving should be a regular part of our routine, not reserved only for celebrations. Praise God continually, and you will find that you won't take His blessings for granted.
When David finally enquired of the Lord as to His method of transporting the Ark of God to Jerusalem, David was successful in doing so. He was a mighty instrument used to turn the Israelites back to worshiping God.
Can we ever give enough thanks to God? Can we ever praise Him too much? His mercies are new every morning. He gives us life and breath, provides our needs, protects us from harm. How good is our God! Will you join me in praising Him throughout the day today? He is pleased when we honor Him as our God, the God, The Way, The Truth, The Life.
LET IT GO
Recognize God as my Creator, Sustainer, Provider, Salvation.
Thank Him for His love, forgiveness, grace, and mercy.
Praise God throughout the day today in songs and words.