Thursday, November 12, 2015

I will, He Will

O. T. #634  "I Will, He Will"
November 12, 2015
1 Samuel 22
I will cry out to God Most High, to God who will fulfill His purpose for me.
My God will send forth His unfailing love and faithfulness.  (verses in Psalm 57)

LET IT GLOW

David escaped his enemies at Nob and Gath. Can we see the Lord's hand in getting him out of these messes which David got himself into? Aren't we thankful that God delivers us when we don't deserve it?

David's move took him to the cave of Adullam. Do we sometimes enter into our own cave that is secluded, cold, dark, and lonely? While there, David wrote Psalm 57 and Psalm 142. Let's quietly tiptoe closer to his cave, listening as he sings with his harp unto the Lord his God. I'm using NLT.

First, we read David's "I wills" found in Psalm 57:
  • I will hide beneath the shadow of Your wings until the danger passes by. (v. 1)
  • I will wake the dawn with my song. (v. 8)
  • I will thank You, Lord, among the nations. (v. 9)
Then we read of  God's "I wills" of which David reminds us:
  • He will send help from heaven to rescue me, disgracing those who hound me. (v. 3)
  • He will send forth His unfailing love and faithfulness. (v. 3)
Do you need heaven to rescue you today, right now? Are you in need of assurance of God's unfailing love and faithfulness toward you? Here's the secret, troubled friend. Let us sing our God's praises, even during the storm in our life. Thank Him for what He has done in our past and will do in our present and future. Then, hide beneath the shadow of God's wings until the trouble passes by.

My God has always been faithful and loving me with His unfailing love. He will you also. Reach out you hand to Him and He will rescue you. Look at some other verses found here:

I cry out to God Most High (Elohim-Ellyon), to God who will fulfill His purpose for me. (v. 2)
My heart is content in You, O God: my heart is confident. (v. 7)



LET IT GROW

In Psalm 142, it sounds like David is getting very low. In verse 4, David is looking for someone to come and help him, but no one gives him a passing thought, so he thinks. No one will help him; no one cares a bit what happens to him, is his attitude.
Then, finally, David gets it and confesses: You are all I really want in life. (verse 5)
Recon that is what God was waiting to hear before he sends men to help David? Have we told our God that He is all we really want in life?

A cave-that was were his volunteer army of 400 came to help David. Look what men made up this special army found in 1 Samuel 22:2:
  • David's brothers,
  • his father's relatives,
  • men who were in trouble,
  • men who were in debt,
  • men who were just discontented.
Great looking army you have there David. Uh, you better get to training them with your expertise.
There is another group of warriors coming, David, so  just hang in there, son.

Troubled on, look around you. Who is in your army? I am sure you have some brethren, some siblings, some folks who have been down your road, the ones indebted to Jesus and not living for rewards in this life, ready for heaven. Hang on, dear one, God is sending you some warriors to fight the good fight of faith with you, as he did David.

Will you share with us your experiences?

LET IT GO

Release my "I wills" focusing on my self and change them into "I wills" for God.

Cling to God's "I wills".

Change my shelter to be under God's wings.

Sing His praises.

Trust His unfailing love and faithfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment