Wednesday, March 30, 2011

For What are You Looking?

Colossians 2-Part 1
In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.  Colossians 2:3

LET IT GLOW

All last week my granddaughter and I looked all over the house for her Strawberry Shortcake doll. It is only 6 inches tall, but a big thing to this 3 year old. She has houses for it to play in. Of course there are other dolls, but this one was "the one" needed. Later, she was found under the couch. Now why do I not go there first when looking for lost treasures?
Paul tells us in Jesus we have hidden treasures of wisdom and knowledge. We shouldn't look anywhere else for life's treasures. He is our storehouse, our thesaurus. These treasures are available to all believers.
Do I look to Jesus for my treasures in life? Do I go to Him in prayer and His Word first?


LET IT GROW

In verse 2, Paul is praying for believers at Colosse, "That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ."

What's in his prayers?
-comforted, strengthened, encouraged  hearts
-love knitting them together
-rich in full assurance of understanding, confidence and deep convictions in Christ
-personal knowledge of salvation in Christ.

What a prayer. Do I pray for believers in such a way?


LET IT GO

Seek Jesus for my treasures in life.

Pay for other believers' encouragement and love to increase.

No comments:

Post a Comment