Thursday, August 5, 2010

Where is It?

LUKE 15

Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God
over one sinner that repenteth.  Luke 15:10

LET IT GLOW

Where is that thing? Often times I ask myself that question because I
misplace things and can't find them when I need them. Finally, after looking
everywhere, I pray, "It's me again, Lord. I can't find this. Would You please
help me find it?" He's always faithful and gracious and helps me find it.

In this particular parable, a woman lost a coin (verse 8), lit a candle to look
for it, swept the house out, then she finds it at last. She calls her friends and
neithbors together to rejoice with her because she found the lost coin.

Here we see God uses different methods to bring lost sinners to repentance
to Himself. Then there is rejoicing when the lost one is found. Let's keep
praying for our loved ones' salvation.


LET IT GROW

"But we just had to celebrate and rejoice, because this brother of yours
was dead and has come to life, was lost and has been found."
(verse 32 of Williams New Testament)

Often times, when I hear the Prodical Son story, the focus is on the one son
who went astray and returned to the father. What about the other son who
had been faithfully serving his father many years? He never got a party, robe,
or ring in his behalf, and he didn't spend the inheritance on harlots. Is jealousy
so strong here that he can't rejoice to see his brother return home? The father
told his faithful son all he had belonged to the son. His brother was dead and
now is alive again.


LET IT GO

Keep praying for our lost loved ones to come to salvation in Jesus.

Rejoice when stray brethren come home to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment