Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Persistence

Luke 18
And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to
pray, and not to faint.  Luke 18:1

LET IT GLOW

As a young teenager, I kept hounding, or asking my parents for a bicycle, Finally,
they gave me one. My persistance paid off. It wasn't what I expected, a brand
new bike with a banana seat, up turned handle bars with streamers, and pink in
color, my dream bike. No, it was my sister's old bike, painted red, with a new
old-fashioned seat. Needless to say, it wasn't what I expected, but it was a
bicycle for me to ride. I spent hours riding my "new red bike" on our country
road. Soon I forgot that  my bike was a hand-me-down because it rode
just as fast as my friend's new bike.

One thing I learned during that time, was to be persistant, never giving up.
Have I forgotten this as an adult? Today my faith wavers; doesn't move
mountains; isn't the size of a grain of mustard seed. Or is it? God still answers my
prayers. Sometimes it takes years, but it is in His timing and ways, not mine.

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever. He can't fail. Without faith
it is impossible to please God. Fill my cup, Lord. Fill it up with faith, overflowing.
you've done it before, You can do it again. Yes Sir, He can. I believe it.

In the parable, here, Jesus told about a widow that was persistant in asking a
judge until she got what she wanted. In verse 7, Jesus says,"And shall not God
avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with
them?"

Will you join me in praying day and night  for revival in our churches and in
America?

LET IT GROW

Another parable Jesus told that is in  this chapter, is about the Pharisee and the
Publican, which are praying. We see pride versus humility, self-rightousness
versus a sinner, no remorse versus repentance.

In verse 14, Jesus says,"I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather
than the other for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased, and he that
humbleth himself shall be exalted."

God resists the proud and gives grace to the humble. Our righteousness is as filthy
rags in His sight.

LET IT GO

Keep the faith. Ask for mercy, not justice.
Stay humble before God.
Keep praying for our churches and nation to have revival.

No comments:

Post a Comment