Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Banquet Invitation

Luke 14
And the lord said unto the servant, go out into the highways and
hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled.
Luke 14:23

LET IT GLOW

When I was  in high school and president of the F.H.A. club, we
had a mother-daughter banquet. Mom accepted my invitation to be my
special guest at the banquet. She bought me a new dress and shoes for the
occasion. I even got to go to the beauty shop, where I spent hours having my
long hair put up in a "fancy do." We both wore red rose corsages.
(She looked nice too.) Dad probably told us we were "all togged up" just to
eat. Up town, we were. I don't remember the program, menu, or who the
other guests were, after 39 years, but I was so proud to have Mom with me.

In chapter 14, Jesus tells a parable about a man who had a banquet supper
with special invited guests. The only thing is, these guests made excuses why
they could not attend-2 had business and 1 was a newly wed. So the man
sent his servant into the streets of the city to invite the poor, lame, and blind
to come to his banquet.

Jesus was referring to the Jews being invited to dine at the Lord's supper in
the kingdom of God, but they refused, not believing in Him as the Messiah.
Therefore, Christ extends His invitation to us Gentiles, the poor in spirit,
crippled with sin. The Holy Spirit bids us to come to the Messiah for salvation
and thus we will dine at the Lord's banqueting table in heaven, a feast for our
soul, partaking of grace and mercy.

I hope that I will be listening when Jesus invites me to sit at His table in this
present life, to dine spiritually with the Savior.
I want to be one of the guests that attends Jesus' banquet in heaven. Will you come with
me?


LET IT GROW

In verse 28, Jesus tells another parable: before building a tower, who would
first count the cost to see if there is enough money to finish it? Otherwise, if
a man starts building a tower, doesn't finish it, then others will mock him.

This shows me that many believers begin the Christian walk of life, but some
fall away, turning to other things, not denying self, not remaining faithful to
Christ all of their lives. I want to finish the race of my Christian walk with Him.


LET IT GO

Listen when the Lord invites me to come to His table and eat spiritual food
with Him now and in eternity.

Count the cost of Christianity and remain faithful to Christ to the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment