Friday, August 13, 2010

Look Up, Lift Up

Luke 21
And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up
your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.   Luke 21:28

LET IT GLOW

I have noticed that in my area of  my state we have had an unusual
experiences of light earthquakes. This is unusual because we never have them.
Is it a sign of the end times coming? I'm not one to that is quick to jump on a
bandwagon and start pointing out events in our world which lead up to Jesus'
return. Just look around, look up, and lift up our head. Who knows but the
Father?

Jesus told us signs of His coming soon: wars, earthquakes, famines, pestilences,
fearful sights and great signs from heaven, and believers imprisoned.

In verse 27, He says,"And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud
with power and great glory."

Won't it be wonderful when we see our Savior? As the old song goes-"What a
day that will be, when my Jesus I shall see, when I look upon His face, the One
Who saved me by His grace, and He takes me by the hand, and leads me
through the Promise Land, what a day, glorious day that shall be."
Yes, Jesus is coming soon, morning, or night, or noon.

I could go on, but the important thing is that we and our loved ones are ready.
Whether we believe it or not is irrevelant, it will happen. Matthew talks about
the trumpet sounding and His elect being gathered from the four winds.
 (Matt. 24:31) In a split second, no time to repent then. Wow!

LET IT GROW

"Settle it therefore in your hearts, not to meditate before what ye shall answer:
For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be
able to gainsay nor resist," says verses 14-15.

Be prepared, we believers in Christ will be betrayed and hated by family and
friends, even be put to death for His sake. What a crown awaits for those who
endure to the end. It will be worth it after all, right?

LET IT GO

Be ready for Jesus' return, as if it were today.
Stay close to Him, looking up and lifting up my head.
Keep the faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment