Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Rise and Walk

John 5
Jesus saith unto him, "Rise, take up thy bed, and walk."
John 5:8

LET IT GLOW

After forty years of having a disease undiagnosed, finally it was this year. What
a joyous time. Now I can lead a normal life by following a restricted diet and
taking a few pills. I can relate to how this man in chapter 5 must have felt. I
am so grateful to the Lord for my blessing. I'm sure he was too.

Jesus knew how long the man had been sick, 38 years. This man was not able
to walk into the pool of Betheda for healing. "God keeps account of how long
we're afflicted and He knows all about our frame," according to Matthew Henry.

This man didn't have any friends to carry him into the pool by this time. Jesus
didn't carry him into the pool for healing. In verse 8, Jesus saith unto him, Rise,
take up thy bed, and walk.

And immediately the man was made whole, and took up his bed, and
walked: and on the same day was the sabbath. (verse 9)

Do I rise up when Jesus says and get going where He directs? Not always,
but I should. Where did the man walk to?The man went to the temple, no
doubt to worship God. It had been a very long time since he could do that.
What a joyful heart he must have had.

LET IT GROW

In the latter part of this chapter, witnesses of Jesus are mentioned. First is
John the Baptist (testimony), second is Jesus' works (miracles), third is the
Father (spoke at Jesus' baptism), last is the Scripture (Moses and the
prophets). They are all witnesses of Jesus. They spoke the truth.

John 14:6 says, "Jesus saith unto him, 'I am the way, the truth, and the life:
no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.' "
Does my life witness for Jesus? I want it to.

LET IT GO

Rise up and walk when Jesus tell me to.
Be a witness for Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment