Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Lifted Up

Luke 13
And he (Jesus) laid his hands on her: and immediately she was made
straight, and glorified God.   Luke 13:13

LET IT GLOW

In the parable of the barren fig tree, the owner comes and finds no fruit on
it after three years. He is going to cut it down, but the manager of the
vineyard interceeds, asking him to wait, allow it to be cultivated and fertilized.
The owner agreed, but if no figs were produced, it would come down.

Here we have Christ as  the owner, interceeding for the Jewish people and
nation before God. The Jews produced not fruit of repentance, so us Gentiles
received the gospel.

Christians share the gospel and pray interceeding for people. Christ interceeds
for Christians to God.
Thank you Lord for giving salvation to me, a Gentile. May I produce fruit for
You.


LET IT GROW

A woman had been crippled, bent over, for 18 years. She couldn't straighten
herself up right. She must have been in a lot of pain, yet she went to the
synagogue to worship God. ( I know her back would have hurt something
awful.)
Matthew Henry Commentary says:
    She had an infirmity, which an evil spirit, by divine permission, had brought
upon her. She came to be taught and get good to her soul, and then Christ
gave this relief to her bodily infirmity.


Verse 12 says,"And when Jesus saw her, he called her to him, and said unto
her, 'Woman, thou art loosed from thine infirmity.' "  That was the only
conversation between them that was recorded. In fact, Luke is the only
one to record this occurance.

Immediately after Jesus laid His hands on the woman, she was made straight
and glorified God. I can be like her, crippled by my sins or bent over from
carrying heavy burdens. Jesus' touch can lift my sins and burdens away, if
only I ask.

1 Peter 5:7 says,"Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you."

Matthew 11:28-30 says,"Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy
laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for
I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my
yoke is easy, and my burden is light."

We can find rest in Jesus whenever we let Him carry our burdens.
When crooked souls are made straight, they will show it by their glorifying
God.

LET IT GO

Interceed for believers and unbelievers.
Bring my sins and burdens to Jesus. Then ask Him to remove them.

No comments:

Post a Comment