Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Thirsty Woman

John 4
But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never
thirst; but the water that I shall bive him shall be in him a well of water
springing up into everlasting life.  John 4: 14

LET IT GLOW

Sweat was dripping off me. It was a scorching  hot summer's day in the sun. I
was so thirsty and hot that I had to stop the yardwork and take a break. The
cool bottle of water was so refreshing as I drank it in the shade, where the breeze
was blowing. Did I mention how refreshing it was? I would have called it quits,
but we were helping a neighbor clean up his yard. We endured the heat,
continued cleaning until the project was completed, and admired our efforts
while eating a frozen popsicle.

Did  the Samaritan woman go to draw water at the well because she, too, was
thirsty, or was it because that would be her day's supply of water? Either way,
she found living water that lasted for eternity.

The well's water provide only temporary relief, but Jesus' water was satisfying
to the soul. Jesus knew all about the woman's situation. This opened her eyes
to Him. In this chapter and chapter 9 are the only places where Jesus identifies
Himself as the Messiah, the Christ, the Son of God, to people.

As a result of their conversation, the woman left her waterpot and went into
town sharing what had happened to her. Scripture says that many believed,
not because the Samaritan woman, but because they heard Jesus themselves
and knew He was indeed the Christ, the Savior of the world. (verse 42)

Does my soul thirst for Jesus? Do I seek His Living Water as much as I do
water for my body?


LET IT GROW

When the disciples returned with meat and offered it to Jesus, He said,"My
meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work." (verse 34)

Paul says in Romans 14:17-18,"For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink;
but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost. For he that in these
things serveth Chrsit is acceptable to God, and approved of men."

Am I more focused on physical food than spiritual food? Which gets more of
my time? Which is more satisfying to me?

LET IT GO

Make Jesus my food and water.
Share the Living Water of Jesus.
Give spiritual and physical food away to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment