Wednesday, May 30, 2018

The Right Mindset


O. T. #1213  "The Right Mindset"
May 30, 2018
Psalms 34-Part 2
O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt His name together. Psalm 34:3

LET IT GLOW

When we magnify (lift up, make great) the Lord Jesus, it puts us in the right mind set, doesn't it? Our thoughts turn from the to-do-list, schedule ahead of us, duties, and worldly things for a short while. Come along with me today, friends, as we exalt (to raise, hold up) Him together. Thank you for joining me, so I not alone. Feasting with others makes it much more enjoyable. Grab a glass of iced tea and sit with me on the front porch this morning. Birds are singing praises to their Creator, so let us join them.

Oh, magnify the Lord, for He is worthy to be praised. So shall I be safe from mine enemies, I will magnify the Lord. the Lord liveth, and blessed be the Rock, let the God of my salvation be exalted.

Life Application Study Bible has some good things to say:
God promises are great blessings to His people, but many of these blessings require active participation. He will
  • set us free from fear (verses 4 and 6),
  • guard and defend us (verse 7),
  • show us goodness (good in the wildest sense) (verse8),
  • supply our needs (verse 9),
  • listen when we talk to Him (verse 15),
  • and redeem us (verse 22).
Did you notice that it was when David sought the Lord that He answered David?
Do we want to be happy? Then take refuge in God.
Want to lack nothing, any good thing? Fear, reverence God.
Which in the above list are you lacking, desiring? Shall we find out how to receive it?

LET IT GROW

Do you desire to live a long and prosperous life? LASB continues to say:
We can appropriate God's blessings when we:
  • trust Him (verse 4 and 10),
  • fear Him (verses 7 and 9),
  • cry out to Him (verses 6 and 17),
  • take refuge in Him (verse 8),
  • refrain from lying (verse 13),
  • turn from evil, do good, and seek peace (verse 14),
  • are brokenhearted and humble (verse 18), and
  • serve God (verse 22).
In 1 Peter 2:1-3 NLT, Peter gives us a list of what we are to lay aside and not do-deceit, hypocrisy, jealousy, and all unkind speech. We are to crave the pure spiritual milk like newborn babies. That is so we will grow in full experience of salvation. Cry out for this nourishment now that we have had a taste of the Lord's kindness.

I have felt sorry for David in all he went through, yet we would not have such grandeur words had he not endured to praise God through it all. Truly he was a man after God's own heart. While blessing God, David has on the other hand blessed us in the process. Makes me want to cheer him on during the tough times-go David go! You will reign as king over Israel, in spite of your enemies, for it is the will of God for your life.
Go, dear one, go! God has a plan for your life.
Shall we, too, strive to be a woman or man after God's own heart!

LET IT GO

Lord Jesus, will You set me free from the fear of the unknown future as I trust in You?
Will You guard and defend me as I respect, praise, and magnify You?
Today, will You show me good in the wildest sense, beyond my imagination?
Supply my needs as I cry out to you, sweet Jesus.
Won't You listen to my prayers as I am brokenhearted and humble before You.
Please keep me always serving You with my life. Keep me from straying away.
Praise Jesus, my Savior, Redeemer, my Provider, my King and Lord!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment