Thursday, May 31, 2018

Hey Ya'll, God is Good

O. T. #1214  "Hey Ya'll, God is Good"
May 31, 2018
Psalms 34-Part 3
O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him.  Psalm 34:8

LET IT GLOW

Don't you just love these psalms? David's writing seem to speak to us no matter what we are going through, no matter where we are in our Christian walk, no matter what serious thing we are facing.
We have heard it said that we are either in a trial, come through a trial, or are going into a trial. I say, "The Christian life is full of challenges. It is how we deal with them that counts."
Now I couldn't skip over this verse. I have heard the first part quoted, not knowing that there was a second part to it. Oops.

O taste and see that the LORD is good.

Who is David talking about? Well, in the Hebrew language, taste refers to an original formation; product (created thing); creature.

Okay, is David talking to us creatures? Where I come from, I think we would say, "Hey ya'll, see, the LORD is good! I told ya that!"

How has God been good to you lately? Can you make a list of unique and personal ways He has been so good in the wildest sense?
Pardon me, friends, but I will be the first to do so.
  • As you read this, I will be spoiling my 6 grandchildren, which I have not seen for a year and a half. (Right now, I am still home writing this ahead of time.) Woohoo! Here I come Rhode Island! It is a blessing to be able to afford a plane ticket.
  • What joy it was to watch my granddaughter hit the soft ball in a game, and then score a run. with four grandparents cheering her on, how could she do less?
  • Friday, I went to the doctor with an ear infection. Through the avenue of medication, I am getting well so I can enjoy going places with the family. Yes, the Lord is good.
  • Speaking of family, how blessed I am. I have to brag on my two children and their spouses. They are in church and serving the Lord Jesus. They take their children to worship, not send them. I realize this when around me are families divided with problems beyond my thoughts.
  • I lost my pet cat last week. Snowball was the faithful cat who stayed home, while his brother was the prodigal son, returning on weekends. So I miss him every time I step out on the front porch. He was always there waiting to be petted. Well, the Lord blessed me with a stray cat before this happened. She is so sweet and becoming friendly. At first, I wasn't sure it was a blessing, but I know it was now.
Okay, your turn. Won't you take a few minutes to share with us how God has blessed you lately?

Plead His promises, He will fulfill them; and you shall know in consequences, that the Lord is good.(Clarke)

LET IT GROW

Blessed is the man that trusteth in Him. KJV
Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him! NLT
Happy is the man who takes refuge in Him! HCS
Happy are those who find safety with Him. GNT

The Message says, Open your mouth and taste, open you eyes and see-how good God is. Blessed are you who run to Him.

Some experiences must be enjoyed to be understood. There are not words adequate to tell of them. (Meyer's Commentary)

Let us therefore be so convinced of God's goodness as thereby to be encouraged in the worst of times. to trust in Him. (Matthew Henry's Commentary)

Do we run to our God with the little things and the big things in our life?
Is our safety found in Him?

Great is His faithfulness. We are in His hands. This is my confidence. You have never failed me yet.
He can move mountains, erupt volcanoes.
Are we happy and full of joy in Him? David could say this as he ran for his life, as he found refuge from Saul in the enemy's camp.

LET IT GO

Jesus
Others
Yourself

Our God is good! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment