Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Ba, I Hear my Shepherd Calling

O. T. #1202  "Ba, I hear my Shepherd Calling"
May 2, 2018
Psalms 23-Part 7

LET IT GLOW

The sheep know their shepherd's voice. My son can walk into another field where he wants his cows to move, call them, and they stop eating, look up, and walk toward him. He doesn't have to blast a horn, yell at them, use a truck behind them to get them to run.. No, they trust his voice, for he has taken care of them many years now. He calls them to greener pastures and beside the water tank. Likewise, when sheep hear their shepherd's voice, they get going to him.

In this chapter, David referred to us as sheep of the Good Shepherd. Living like sheep can bring us peace of mind as we follow the leading of Jesus in our life. The shepherd is unwaveringly devoted to his sheep because they lack everything. They are totally helpless and defenseless animals who cannot care for themselves. They are fearful, easily panicked, who when they are scared, sheep will not lie down to rest. Also, sheep lack a sense of direction and can be easily lost. The helplessness of sheep resembles the helpless state of believers. We, too, need the constant care of our Shepherd, Jesus.

 Now, before moving onto chapter 24, I want to review this chapter using the Hebrew meaning of words which David used. I think it will give us a better perspective. Insert your name, making it personal.
  1. When Jesus is my personal Shepherd, Jehovah Rhoi, then I will not want (lack) anything.
  2. He maketh (Linda yields) as she lies down in green pasture after eating her fill. God's Word fills my inner soul with Jesus, the Bread of Life.
  3. He leadeth (sustains) Linda beside the still waters. Spending time resting in Jesus as He sustains me with Living Water, gives me peace through trials in a hostile world.
  4. Jesus restores Linda's soul from sorrow, fear, and straying spiritually.
  5. He leads me in paths of righteousness for His name's sake. These are paths of pleasantness and peace with grace, making me right with God, for His glory. They may not be smooth paths, but it is His will for Linda.
  6. I may even walk through the valley of the shadow of death (grave or calamity) while on that path. Loved ones eventually die, leaving me in a valley surrounded by sorrow and despondence. Troubles can overshadow me, sending me deeply in despair.
  7. The good news is God is with Linda. His rod and staff comfort, direct, and protect me while I am there.
  8. He prepares a table (in HIs Word) before Linda in the presence of her enemies. It is filled with grace, love, forgiveness, peace, even joy and patience, topped with faith and peace.
  9. Jesus anoints Linda's head with oil, symbolizing the Holy Spirit filling her. Thus, my cup runs over, as it is filled to the brim overflowing with His blessings.
  10. Surely (certainly) goodness (good in the wildest sense, best, loving) and mercy (kindness) shall follow Linda all the days of her life. They pursue me with graces of God to give her lovingkindness.
  11. If I dwell in the house of the Lord, then I will have continued communion with Him forever, here and in eternity.
How sweet! Isn't it reassuring, to!

LET IT GROW

Falwell tells that each of us have the four freedoms that President Franklin D. Roosevelt announced:
The are freedom from want and fear; the freedom of speech and religion.
  1. Our Shepherd Jesus frees us from want when we abide in His presence.
  2. We find rest and freedom from fear as we trust Jesus with every part of our life.
  3. As the Holy Spirit fills us, we are free to speak for Him and about Him to others, telling of His goodness.
  4. Our freedom of religion signifies that the cross set us free from the sacrificial system of Israel in the Old Testament, covering us with grace in salvation of Jesus.
Just think, friend, as a friend of Jesus, we have goodness in the wildest sense, beyond our wildest dreams or imagination, to follow us forever. In addition to goodness, we have mercy, not receiving what we deserve.
Oh, goodness and mercy, stay with me forever. I want God's best for my life. How about you?


LET IT GO

Thank You, Good Shepherd, for making me Your sheep.
And for goodness and mercy all of my days.
May the Holy Spirit overflow in me.
Listen for my Shepherd's calling and follow.

2 comments:

  1. Linda,

    I really like how you broke this down in the glow portion and making it personal is so much more. Thank you for this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gaylene. It sticks with me when the Word is brought down to us individually.
      Good in the wildest sense-Wow! How good our God is!
      I have so many things to be thankful for; so many blessings.
      Have a blessed day, friend.
      Linda

      Delete