Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Thanksgiving in May

O. T. #1206  "Thanksgiving in May"
May 8, 2018
Psalms 26-Part 2
That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all Thy wondrous works.
Psalms 26:7

LET IT GLOW

You know what? Thanksgiving does not have to be limited to November. We can thank our Creator, Good Shepherd, and Redeemer any time. So at the top of my lungs I sing hallelujah. I am not ashamed to praise Your name Jesus. I will let the world know I love You and thank You.

Throughout the years of walking through the Bible with you, I have given my testimony of  salvation. For any new comers, I will tell of God's wondrous works in my life.
I was 16 when a friend of mine died in a car wreck. That was when I realized that death can come at any age, and if I died at that moment, I was not headed to heaven. In younger years, I had attended Sunday School, so I knew who Jesus was. I didn't know all the proper words to say, but God saw my repentant heart and saved me that night in my bed. Friend, if you have not asked Jesus to forgive your sins and be your Savior, it is not too late. His loving arms are waiting for you, open wide.

Another part of my testimony includes my saying that God has extended my life twice. However, it is now my belief that it was not His will for my life to end at those times, not that He extended it. Once was after surgery, when I consumed too much morphine, causing me to stop breathing, lips turning blue. Doctors revived me. (My family doctor of internal medicine, was in the hospital at the time. It was not just a happenstance. The other time was after a colonoscopy. That afternoon, I could not keep liquids in, so they were not replenished, resulting in dehydration. Because of that,  minerals essential for the heart to continue beating were depleting. At the emergency room an IV gave me what was needed. At the time, I did not realize how close to death I was. Again, I escaped death.  God has perform His marvelous works in my life, to keep me alive. I am so thankful to Him!
Can you understand why I proclaim God's wondrous works in my life?


LET IT GROW
.
Then, last year, my doctor diagnosed me with another autoimmune disease. Medication has helped Sjogrens and  Crohns. My body is battling osteoporosis again, so I take another medication for it to strengthen my bones. My God is so awesome and wondrous are His works!

Wondrous means marvelous, to be or make great, miracles.
Works is to labor, reward.


So many things for which I am thankful. Not only physical healing, but also spiritual healing.
What has God done for you lately? Have you experienced any wondrous works of God in your life? Will you take a time to share them?

LET IT GO

Thanks be to God for His good in the wildest sense., His shield of love.
Singing His praises all the day long.
So grateful and thankful for all You have done Jesus, and for who You are.

No comments:

Post a Comment